• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any leads on a rem. short action

kerrpump

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2012
SoCal
My searches have come up empty so I figured I would ask for some help. Between the Remington recall and all you guys taking advantage of the Long rifle's Inc. group buy, I can't seem to find one. I too want to get in on that LRI group buy to build my first 6.5 Creedmoor. I just put an ad in the WTB section but I thought maybe you would know of some vendors that have them in stock that don't come up in a Google search. Thanks

Go stiller if you can afford it. Great action. I did a recent build on the predator action. I'm very pleased. They have great customer service as well.

Go to Dicks sporting goods or local store a buy a cheap 700 and sell stock and barrel.
Ive wait till there on sale for 499 sell barrel and stock for around 100 and u now have a new short action for 400.

Check your local pawn shops, get any old 700 in good condition for them to work over.

Go to Dicks sporting goods or local store a buy a cheap 700 and sell stock and barrel.
Ive wait till there on sale for 499 sell barrel and stock for around 100 and u now have a new short action for 400.

I did something very similar with my build. Found a 700ADL for sale at Cabela's for only $349 and had all the work done to it as part of the group buy. Money well spent! I love it!
photo 2.JPG

If you are going to add a bolt knob, pin the recoil lug and/or scope base, and install a side bolt release on top of truing a 700, the Stiller is actually the cheaper option if you don't have a spare action laying around. All that being said, there is a group buy on 700 actions right now.

No luck finding a cheap Remington 700. Dam recall!!! It looks like bugholes.com will be getting a call Monday, the Stillers just came back in stock. Unless others chime in on different ways to go?

Gunbroker came through for me a couple weeks back, I got a decent price on exactly what I wanted.

Northwest Action Works was doing a 700 SA group buy maybe they have some availability.

North west actions definitely worth a try, have been speaking to Mason, but if you want a side bolt release with there group buy Rem700 that is not going to happen.
Toni

North west actions definitely worth a try, have been speaking to Mason, but if you want a side bolt release with there group buy Rem700 that is not going to happen.
Toni

Are you saying that the NWP actions from the group buy will not have the side bolt release as pictured in the thread?

Aimless all I know is that Mason told me that the Rem700 actions for the group but price would not have side bolt release
Toni