• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

any leads where to get some Accurate #5 or #7 or Unique powder?

I just got 4 lbs of #5 from my local store last week. First pistol powder they have received in a while, so be on the lookout.

Visited my LGS today to pick up some Varget - first time in weeks that they've admitted to having any. While there I asked about pistol powder for a friend, including Accurate #5. They said they didn't have any #5, but they did have some St. Mark's powder that was Accurate #2. When I said I didn't have a clue what they were talking about, the guy went back to the storage room and brought out a 30# cardboard tub marked St. Mark's powder, with codes indicating it was Accurate #2. It was Made in USA, Florida I think, and was marked as a General Dynamics product. They said St. Marks makes powder for lots of the powder companies, who relabel it under their own brands.

I guess I've been away from handgun reloading long enough that I'm just out of date, but this was the first I'd heard this situation. I doubt the LGS would have disclosed this info to an unknown caller, and probably only told me because I'd just bought a bunch of other powder. But it might be something to keep in mind and perhaps ask about, next time you're checking on what's available.

Last edited: