• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any LPVO with a large diameter objective?

buggz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Georgia
Why are they all so tiny?
Doesn't this cut the light in a huge amount?

Many euro scopes offer them. Not a true 1x but all under 2x. A few are
Meopta R2
Zeiss V8
Swarovski Z8 and Z6

Reactions: st1650
I’d love a good 1.7-10x42 with a good 10 mrad per turn exposed locking elevation turret. None of that Swarovski ballistic flex faggotry.

Bushnell has their 1-8x30 Forge. More of a hunting scope with its German #4 reticle. At a little over 25oz., weight may also be an issue for some people. I've never looked through one, so have no opinion on it. Reviews seem to be few and far between.

I’d love a good 1.7-10x42 with a good 10 mrad per turn exposed locking elevation turret. None of that Swarovski ballistic flex faggotry.
March has a 1.5-15X42 SFP with 10 Mil per turn on the dial. I don't know if you would call it an LPVO, but it's 10 inches long and has a side focus, and has ED lenses, of course. The objective is a new design and it's quite an interesting concept.

Reactions: buggz and st1650
March has a 1.5-15X42 SFP with 10 Mil per turn on the dial. I don't know if you would call it an LPVO, but it's 10 inches long and has a side focus, and has ED lenses, of course. The objective is a new design and it's quite an interesting concept.
It is a nice model. I wish more companies (Burris, Bushnell, Vortex) would try to fill in that niche. I like the March but they’re hard to find around here and fairly expensive.
I still want to try their 3-24 one of these days.

Yes, I understand your comments. March scopes have to be ordered from a few vendors and the specific model you want will probably have to be ordered. Deon Optical is a small company and the scopes are all hand-made. It usually takes about 2 months to get the exact scope you specified.

The 1.5-15X42 is based on a new objective design. You can actually feel the weight in the objective lens part, as there is some optical magic in that design. In the video above, ILya explained the challenges of such a design and I think Deon did a great job with that scope.

• Haha
Reactions: jstone