• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any luck with Norma TAC Star ammo??

Runs great in several of my 10/22 barrels, I like it because it's slow for my Sparrow. I don't really shoot match grade ammo, but it's as accurate as any of my bulk. I've been getting it online from Cabelas for $60 a brick, it pops up there one and awhile.

bullets.com stocks it, has it for $50/brick and $10 flat rate shipping. 3 brick max per order.

Rebranded/packaged RWS ammo, much like Wolf is rebranded/packaged SK/Lapua.

On my 2nd brick of Norma TAC 22 ammo......don't know about any "Star" Norma 22 ammo. If we are talking the same Norma 22 ammo, its accurate ammo for me in my BSA Model 12 Martini target rifle. Will use the TAC in this rifle in the 50 yd open sight 22 competition this coming Sunday at range I'm a member. Won two of these competitions using TAC ammo and some of my competitors in this event have/are switching to it. In my particular rifle, the Norma TAC has consistently performed better than the much more costly match ammo I've tried over the last few years. Have never tried the TAC in one of my semi-auto 22 rifles to see how it feeds and etc.

Lots of good things said about the consistency/accuracy of Norma TAC 22 ammo on Rimfire Central.

Norma TAC 22

I give it two thumbs up. I tried my first box of it this past weekend. For the price, it is really tough to beat. I only tried it in my Remington Mod 540XR and that is a very accurate rifle that like Lapua and Wolf the best. The Norma was very consistent and on a day when my Lapua ammo recorded a best group of 0.147" for five shots at 50yds from the bench, the Norma ammo recorded a 0.193". But, yeah there is a big but, I only fired one five shot group toward the end of my range session and did not take the time to shoot another cause I had seen enough. I just know enough to know that it probably is not going to shoot every group that well. It printed about 1/4" higher which tells me that it is a little faster than Lapua Center X. From what I saw it is shooting as good as most of the Eley ammo I have tried and nearly as good as the Center X for about 1/2 the price. I went back to get more and the store where I found it was sold out. I attached a pic of the group. Just note that I measured these very quickly and the c-c size may be a little larger than the figure I recorded on the paper. I did not have my glasses for close up work that evening. Still it is obvious to anyone that it is a tight shooter.

Irish

Attachments

• 540xr Norma 50yds.JPG
    540xr Norma 50yds.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9