• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Any member own a GMC Acadia

Re: Any member own a GMC Acadia

First couple of years some problems; overall decent vehicles. They squeak behind the steering wheel at the airbag connection but there is a TSB to fix it.

My buddy's father in law is a higher up at a big Dallas dealership and hooked him up with the Chevy version of it. I was very impressed with how nice it was. GMC versions tend to have finer touches to them too.

Now for the part you'll definitely find interesting since your wife was just involved in a serious accident:

They were stopped waiting for another car to make a left and a guy not paying attention slammed straight into the rear of their vehicle at 55 mph. Of course their Traverse was totaled but my buddy, his wife and their 1 year old all made it out without a single scratch or bruise on any of them. The baby didn't even cry.

It's definitely a safe vehicle to say the least.

Very glad Your wife wasn't seriously hurt. Good luck on Your search for a new veh. I'm a Jeep fanatic, but the newer ones suck, so I don't blame You for movin in a different direction vehicle wise.

My in laws have a 2012 model and it was a pretty decent ride. Spacious enough for me up front (I'm 6'6) and the seat coolers were great in the St. Louis humidity last August.

They are fine vehicles, as anything in the $40k price range should be! Do yourself a favor and cross-shop the competition (at the very least, stop by the Buick and Chevy dealers to look at the Enclave and Traverse). If nothing else, looking at other choices will only serve to sharpen your focus on the Acadia.

FWIW, my wife and I did some shopping in this segment a couple years ago, and ended up with a Ford Flex Ecoboost that she absolutely loves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now for the part you'll definitely find interesting since your wife was just involved in a serious accident:

They were stopped waiting for another car to make a left and a guy not paying attention slammed straight into the rear of their vehicle at 55 mph. Of course their Traverse was totaled but my buddy, his wife and their 1 year old all made it out without a single scratch or bruise on any of them. The baby didn't even cry.

It's definitely a safe vehicle to say the least.
</div></div>

I'll second this, GM makes some really safe SUVs. Our Envoy going 70mph lost complete traction(probably black ice), spun around 3 times slamming into the interstate divider wall each time and was completely totaled. My entire family got out of it with absolutely no injuries. Other people can have all the crumple zones and stuff they want, but GM cars are just solid and will take a beating to keep you safe.

Glad to hear your wife is okay, vehicles are much easier to replace than a good woman.

We actually just responded to a rollover on the highway last week that involved an Acadia. The speed limit is 75mph with most people doing at least 80mph. The vehicle left the roadway and rolled in the median 3 times according to witness statements. The vehicle sustained severe damage yet the passenger compartment had little to no intrusion. Both occupants were wearing seatbelts and sustained only minor injuries which did not require transport via ambulance.

The exterior of the vehicle was destroyed and by visual appearance upon arrival had us discussing a helo. The fact that the passenger compartment held up and the occupants had only minor injuries was impressive. A would give it a thumbs up for safety but beyond that I couldn't say.

My mom had one, she hated it, loud road noise, and just did not like it.

She just traded it on a Nissan Pathfinder, and love it. FWIW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most likely going with a yoda. </div></div>

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

OK, in all seriousness, the Toyota Highlander isn't bad, but hopefully you spent some time test-driving other vehicles in the segment.

I held back earlier as the question was about an Acadia but since there has been a disturbance in the force, I can now pipe up with a suggestion for the XTerra!

I own two, a 2002 and a 2012. Little cub has the former and Mrs. Q the latter. Both excellent vehicles on many levels.

Good Luck!

Acadia is a solid vehicle. I thought about getting one, but they could not bring myself buy it. It is so boring to drive and lack power for its size.

Bought a brand new GMC Acadia back in 2010.

I haven't had a single warranty repair.
Been a great vehicle.

You are not going to win any races with the Acadia, nor will you pull anything of any consequence, but it gets respectable mileage and has a lot of room. I remember being surprised at how it was only a VERY tiny bit smaller on the inside than a Tahoe/Yukon.

My company got Acadia the first year they were out. Nothing but trouble then. Funny thing, we switched to Chevy Traverse (basic same vehicle) two years later and have had zero issues. On my second one now and never ever had a problem.