• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any more reviews of the new Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56?

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hey guys,
I'm looking to upgrade my 6.5cm match rifle's scope in the next few months. I am very interested in the new Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56, and have been following the several threads in this forum about this scope. I was wondering if anyone else had purchased the new Trijicon, and specifically whether anyone had performed a tracking test on theirs. This optic meets most of my criteria for a new optic (10+mil/rev turrets, illuminated floating center dot reticle, zero stop, ED glass, under $2k) but I haven't found anything yet about the scope's durability, reliability or tracking.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Been using mine for a few months of PRS on a JP 6.5 Creed. Rifle usually has a couple shooters running it on match day. Last month for example we had 147 ELD-M handloads, 140 ELD-M factory and 147 factory loads. All the different ammo was spot on dialing all day back and forth, practicing during the weeks etc. Even Prime 130 still hits just fine, same as the last time I shot it. Obviously there's slight differences in zero between ammo but that's just a small correction in a ballistics app.

I'm not going to torture test a personal scope but for everything I have asked the Trijicon to do it has done. Obviously going in and out of barricades it gets bumped but it has never lost zero. I've run out to 1100 and back in and the scope always tracks fine for me.

Thanks for the input, Darqusoull13. I really appreciate it. How easy/difficult is it to set the zero stop on the Trijicon? How would you compare the glass/image quality to others in the scope's price range?

It’s a LOW built scope. They make scopes for just about everyone. From NightForce, Delta, Weaver, SIG and many others. They are excellent build quality. Pick your favorite reticle and run one with confidence.

Thanks for the input, Darqusoull13. I really appreciate it. How easy/difficult is it to set the zero stop on the Trijicon? How would you compare the glass/image quality to others in the scope's price range?
This is how you set the zero except on Trijicon you just twist the cap off to access zero stop. No tools/coin needed,

Reactions: linsmea
Tracking was spot on two weeks ago out to 1300 yrds.

Prefer the glass over the XRS II and AMG.

Still feel like my parallax numbers are way off though. Anyone else have that?

A7CA00BE-FB96-4547-8E58-E12F0755A196.jpeg

Tracking was spot on two weeks ago out to 1300 yrds.

Prefer the glass over the XRS II and AMG.

Still feel like my parallax numbers are way off though. Anyone else have that?

View attachment 6989113
I'll pay attention to it next time I'm out to see if they match since I dont really use the numbers when setting up parallax. I actually prefer it when the parallax adj doe'snt have any numbers on it.
Nice setup!

Thanks for the replies, guys. It sounds lile this Trijicon is a solid option and I believe I have found my next scope.

I will post a review of my own once I pick one up and test it out.

Thanks again.

Any updated reviews or thoughts? The owner of the range I go to has been raving about how well it tracked. July 4th sales look to have this at $1700

EDIT: This is going on my tac a1 at 1000 yards. Punching paper from prone and a bench. No competitions in the immediate future.

I have been using mine since January. It has been totally flawless tracking-wise, and I really love the reticle and controls. Love this scope and would happily purchase another.

Seems to be a similar design to the Cronus and Delta Stryker. IMHO, it seems that the Stryker is the best optically of the bunch, the Cronus the worst, and the Trijicon in the middle. All good scopes.

Just mounted and shot mine. Great scope and clarity all the way to 30x. Replacing a PST Gen 2 and it is way brighter and more clear. Turrets seemed to not have as deep clicks, but were clean.

There is no good info online about the scope zero and I looked everywhere trying to find some. There is no true zero stop... it is a tool-less return to zero. You unscrew the top cap and turn the turret to zero, windage is the same. Not a problem for me, but some may want a true stop.

Great scope for them money.

Just mounted and shot mine. Great scope and clarity all the way to 30x. Replacing a PST Gen 2 and it is way brighter and more clear. Turrets seemed to not have as deep clicks, but were clean.

There is no good info online about the scope zero and I looked everywhere trying to find some. There is no true zero stop... it is a tool-less return to zero. You unscrew the top cap and turn the turret to zero, windage is the same. Not a problem for me, but some may want a true stop.

Great scope for them money.
Not sure what you mean by not having true zero stop. Follow the instructions in this video to set up the zero stop.

I love my trijicon, but it's in moa and I need mil. If anyone wants to trade, I'll throw in $100 and pay for shipping