• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any mountain bikers out there 2.0

Hope she's doing ok... The crash that retired my helmet took me off the bicycle for almost two weeks. The shoulder was much worse than my head!

Yeah, it took her off the bike for a bit and honestly I think did more mental harm than physical. She’s been pretty cautious since then so I’m trying to work her back up to where she was. Trail trauma.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Yeah, it took her off the bike for a bit and honestly I think did more mental harm than physical. She’s been pretty cautious since then so I’m trying to work her back up to where she was. Trail trauma.
Good to see she is physically ok. I can relate to the trail trauma. I didn't ride the rock garden trail I binned it on for 3 months. I wasn't anywhere near the same pace for 4 months. I just set a PR on it the other day, but riding it backwards and not the same direction where I crashed.

I’ll just leave this here for jbell
👍
New at Sea Otter
IMG_0962.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

I saw that on vital yesterday. If it isn't magnesium, is it really a dogma?

I’ll just leave this here for jbell
👍
New at Sea Otter
View attachment 8400180
It has been on my radar 👍. What is with the Dogma hardtail? That drive side seat stay situation makes my eye twitch.
But I am honestly a little ashamed to admit that I keep rolling around the idea of the new Epic World Cup and using AXS with a 38t ring and connectamajig on the brake hoses so I can have a quick swap flat bar to drop bar endurance MTB / gravel bike. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I know, I know... I want to kick my own ass. But I am really enjoying stupid long rides and races where there is a LOT of long gravel sections where I could really use the aero of the drop bars.
There are some races out my front door where I am building a house right now that would be perfect for the Epic World Cup with drop bars. The gravel is chunky enough to completely justify 2.2 MTB tires and the FS of the WC is tucked up enough for a full frame bag.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
By the way, did y’all see the USA bring it last weekend in Brazil!?!? Super stoked for Chris & Riley bringing home the W. Plus the women had a killer day as well with Savilia getting the second spot, Haley in 3rd, and Kelsey and Kate in the top 10. What a day!

It has been on my radar 👍. What is with the Dogma hardtail? That drive side seat stay situation makes my eye twitch.
But I am honestly a little ashamed to admit that I keep rolling around the idea of the new Epic World Cup and using AXS with a 38t ring and connectamajig on the brake hoses so I can have a quick swap flat bar to drop bar endurance MTB / gravel bike. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I know, I know... I want to kick my own ass. But I am really enjoying stupid long rides and races where there is a LOT of long gravel sections where I could really use the aero of the drop bars.
There are some races out my front door where I am building a house right now that would be perfect for the Epic World Cup with drop bars. The gravel is chunky enough to completely justify 2.2 MTB tires and the FS of the WC is tucked up enough for a full frame bag.
Why not drop bars? Tomac on his Yeti back in the day flat got it done!!
That would be SICK on that new whip…..I say do it!
IMG_0964.jpeg

Ha, yeah John is the GOAT. He truly did it all. I recently listened to a great podcast with John Tomac and Ned Overend where Payson interviewed them together (Adventure Stache podcast).

A fun story;
My friends and I from high school, most of us graduating in 78 or 79, all moved to Phoenix and rented a apartment together. We were getting way out of hand in our partying and thus into legal trouble because of it, so I left for home because I foresaw bad times ahead, LOL! At the time a perfect decision! I barely escaped big trouble but I won't go into this.
Anyway we lost contact shortly afterwards because I abandoned that life style. Kinda mutual on both ends as they didn't like my decision to follow Christ shortly after I had moved back.

Fast forward 43 years later, which was last October, and one of these old friends shows up at my door step, Wow! He immediately told me that he and his wife were now serving Christ too which was totally awesome for my wife and I to find out!

He put me in contact with most of my other old friends. One of them is in some of these photos as well. This guy doesn't party anymore either and has a young wife half his age who bore him two youngsters of 6 and 9 years old now. This is of course funny to my other friends and I. That sly old dog, lol.

I invited them up to ride earlier this week on Monday and Tuesday, and it's nice we're all retired because weekdays are good times to avoid the crowds. We rode 32 miles in some fairly rough country, featuring tons of rocks and roots, during two rides in two days. At 8000 ft to 9000 ft in elevation we rode up the sides of the mountain fingers, then down into the bottoms of the draws, each of which had streams of snow melt off flowing in them, which we crossed over and over again! 8 miles in and then 8 back on this one trip. It's absolutely beautiful this time of year, also perfect temps in the 60's.

Man I rode my old Bakcou Storm for part of the ride, and its definitely not suited to rocky terrain, it beat me up pretty bad.
My new Orbea Wild, as well as my 2.5 year old Extreme Cross, were awesome in this terrain! All EMTB's.
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool Steve!
Thanks jbell. It's hard to believe I already have over 100 miles on my Wild and also I'm getting in much better shape than I was a month ago.

Seems the aftermarket EXT Fork and shock were worth every penny because this bike is nutz how well it handles, climbs, descends, you name it. No complaints whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbell