• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any MUSTANG owners?

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Figured i would start a Mustang thread.

After being in my Doctorate program for the last 7 years and finally graduating 2 weeks ago, my wife agreed to allow me to get a play toy.

I bought a 2003 Mustang GT in zinc yellow.
Manual transmission with 50k original miles.
Exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body, short shifter and wheels/tires are about all that was done.

Excited to get it detailed up and play a little with it.

EA00F0B7-C085-4533-9455-E39F90F4D117.jpeg

I had been looking for years. I wanted something that was well kept but did not want to put $40K out for a new one. I still have 2 very small boys, but they love being in the garage and helping detail our vehicles. My 3 year old loves loud fast cars so i figured it was a great olan to get him intersted in turning wrenches as opposed to playing video games as he and his younger brother get older.

Great looking cars. I've been looking at one recently as well. And dare I say it, the new Camaro is also bad ass. I gotta test drive both and see which I like better.

Waiting for the GT500, but alas I am sure it will be more than I am willing to pay for a toy. Had a '69 fastback 25 years ago. Grew up in the back of a ' 72 Mach1 (dad still has it).

Reactions: gigamortis
Great looking cars. I've been looking at one recently as well. And dare I say it, the new Camaro is also bad ass. I gotta test drive both and see which I like better.

I went to a dealership that had both Chevy and Ford, so I drove both back to back. I liked the ride of the Camaro more, but overall I felt the mustang was a better choice for day to day. The nearest decent grocery store is 70miles away and wasn't sure the Camaro trunk could handle a weeks worth of groceries for the family. Also the thing felt like you were in a damn tunnel and could only see whats right in front of you.

Reactions: Arc Light
I have had 15 mustangs or so over the years (old fart here). I am down to two right now.
My 1st car was a 1966 Mustang.
I sill have a 2003 Cobra that I bought new in August 2002 and a 2014 Shelby GT500 that I bought in 2014. Both are fun cars.

Reactions: JMGlasgow
I always wanted a Terminator cobra (^^^ Pinmasters), awesome machines!

Couldn't source one when I was in the market in 2004, ended up with a 2004 GTO which I still own.

I drove the new 2018 Camaro SS 1LE. It was a nice car and fun to drive. The rear seats were useless even for small kids. It was a nice driving car for sure.

I like those Cobras ^

By the time I was 10 or so, you couldn't turn a corner without seeing a Mustang. Every kid I new dreamed of turning 15 and getting a 'Stang.

I always wanted a Terminator cobra (^^^ Pinmasters), awesome machines!

Couldn't source one when I was in the market in 2004, ended up with a 2004 GTO which I still own.

I really like the 5.7L GTO's They are really mean with Heads, Cam, and Exhaust.

The other 03 that I had for a while (white). My red one I plan to keep forever. It has never seen the rain and has right at 10k miles. Both of my 03's has/had supercharger swaps and were/are over 600 to the wheels. The white one was a low 10 second car.

Reactions: JMGlasgow
I was really hoping to open this up and see the mustang I sold to a snipershide member. I regret getting rid of it. 05 gt with a paxton 2200 and a lot of supporting mods to go along with it. 501 hp to the wheels.

Oh well. I sat in Jimmy Leeward's one time in his hangar. Closest I ever got.

You didn't buy that from an old man named Howard in TX a few years ago, did you?

My cabin neighbor somehow came up with one that looked just like that, 17k miles, everything perfect except a scuff on the driver's seat. Think he sold it for ~20k.
Nope. I bought it from the widow of the 4th owner in PA about 3 years ago. The new owner is taking delivery in MI today.

Yep, never was a modern Mustang guy until last year but the GT350 seduced me. It's a great ride.

If your wanting a Mustang do not get anything with the 4.6. They are so gutless.

I would either find a Fox body (which I am currently doing but they are coming back with a vengeance and prices sky rocketing) or a Terminator.

That being of course you can find the terminator that’s not been neglected.

GT500
Terminator
Foxbody

Those in. I particular order as those the iconic mustangs around my generation. 33 year old for the record.

I do not care for the new models but you can get a 650 HP GT for under 40k out of Houston that comes with warranty.

If your wanting a Mustang do not get anything with the 4.6. They are so gutless.

I would either find a Fox body (which I am currently doing but they are coming back with a vengeance and prices sky rocketing) or a Terminator.

That being of course you can find the terminator that’s not been neglected.

GT500
Terminator
Foxbody

Those in. I particular order as those the iconic mustangs around my generation. 33 year old for the record.

I do not care for the new models but you can get a 650 HP GT for under 40k out of Houston that comes with warranty.

The 4.6 3 valve isn't bad and with a little bit of work, they wake up.

Finally got the mew toy cleaned up and new brakes installed. Took about 35 hours of full detailing and brake work. It came out nice.

Attachments

• 36EC3E76-9BA2-46D4-A3A5-C1391ABEA9FD.jpeg
    36EC3E76-9BA2-46D4-A3A5-C1391ABEA9FD.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 26
  • A74399AC-C076-4DE8-9C6C-BD18ED6C312B.jpeg
    A74399AC-C076-4DE8-9C6C-BD18ED6C312B.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 28
  • E45A09C7-CF9F-4C31-92B6-B1A49BD7D716.jpeg
    E45A09C7-CF9F-4C31-92B6-B1A49BD7D716.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: timesublime
I have a “mid-life crisis” project going now. It’s ugly as sin, quite the turd but reminds me of when I was 16 and I love it.
‘89 fox LX, 5.3 Ls single turbo TH400, yadayadayada.

Bought this baby from my uncle a couple years ago after drooling over it since I was 5. Needs a little work but gotta finish a 6.5 first.

Mines a 69, had an 08 California special I got as a gift to myself and then sold it a couple years later for a pickup, miss the hell outta that car

70’s.....???? Man you have to go drive one of the new ones. The 2018 is just crazy. It makes my 03GT seems like horse and buggy.
im sure they all perform great........but they all look too much like a Ford Fusion......theyve lost too much of that "mustang aesthetic"

at least the current crop is better looking than the abominations Ford released in the 80/90s

frankly they should have stopped at the 1967 mustang fastback......the pinnacle of mustang styling.....everything else has gone down hill.....styling remained acceptable into the 70s.......once they hit the 80s they turned out shit until the early 2000s
1967-Mustang-Fastback-Shelby-G.T.500CR-Classic-8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmyJerry
The '74 to '78 Mustang is by far the worst as far as performance and styling. Fox Mustangs are awesome, and the new 5.0l Coyote engine is just badass.