• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Any new info. about the S&B 3-20?

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I almost hate to ask the question yet another time, but I just placed an order for one and am really hoping the actual release date is coming soon!! So does anybody have any insider info. as to the current ETA.....and how believable it is.

Thanks.

Re: Any new info. about the S&B 3-20?

I spoke to Schmidt two weeks ago and the lady that answered the phone said they just pushed the 1-8 powered scope back to an August release and she had no set date to when she expected the 3-20s to be in, but was originally told end of Feb or March, but she really didn't know or confident it would be soon.

Man, I hope you talked with the cleaning lady and not someone in the know. This is very disappointing news. What could possibly delay these scopes even furthur? I know that S&B wants their scopes 110% when they roll out to the masses, but damn...

I'd like to know also. I'm thinking 3-18x for a .308 bolt gun, but a 3-20x would be a little nicer. When it is finally here, I'll gonna take a look. I have a 5-20x FFP on one rifle, and I find that I like around 16-18x most of the time for longer ranges.

Thanks for the responses. I just received a response from S&B germany stating that delivery of the 3-20's will be in 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pengilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the price on the 3 x 20 ?

Found it $3100</div></div>

Thats about as low as you will find them as their price supposedly increased this year to $3,499 I believe.

We were told at SHOT that we will be getting our 3-20s in March.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pengilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the price on the 3 x 20 ?

Found it $3100</div></div>

Thats about as low as you will find them as their price supposedly increased this year to $3,499 I believe. </div></div>

some might be had for old pricing, some people have had them on order since they were announced. but for the most part, expect around 3499$

The latest date I was just told by my retailer was May 18th! They nailed down the day and everything......may be getting closer?

I'm about ready to give up and just wait for the Zeiss.

I log on here every moring like a four year old at Christmas and expect to see a post saying that they have all shipped out.

Pathetic...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasleftychef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm about ready to give up and just wait for the Zeiss.

I log on here every moring like a four year old at Christmas and expect to see a post saying that they have all shipped out.

Pathetic... </div></div>

Trust me...your not alone!!
grin.gif

Thought I'd share the reply I got from Schmidt & Bender just now.

"The 3-20's have just started in production. The factory has many worldwide government contracts obligations to meet first then the commercial orders will be filled. Could start delivering within a month or two but no set date as of yet."

So sounds like things are ramping up. Does anyone have recommendations for a site that takes preorders? Or at least somewhere that might be getting them first?

I hate to beat a dead horse but any updates on the 3-20's? I just got the call from GAP today that my 308 is ready. Trying to decide if I should hold out for these a little longer or just buy something that's actually available.

Was just told last week that they are being built now and filling a military order and then the other orders will be getting filled. So they are actually being made. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
wink.gif