• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any news about Masada

Re: Any news about Masada

Supposed to, all the press releases I have read say that Bushmaster is getting ready to bring them to market. This year I hope, but I can't verify that for you.

The press release from Bushmaster's website:

<span style="font-weight: bold">"The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009."
</span>

Most folks read that as "there will be demo units for select Mil/LE agencies in 2009 but civies should stop holding their breath, we'll get to you eventually"

I can't exactly fault them for this. A military contract would be very good for buisness but I honestly don't see the Army adopting a new weapon at a time when the military is cutting programs and the M16/M4 seems to be more popular with the soldiers than ever.

I still want one though.

I was told by Bushmaster last year that they would be on the LE market first for a test run in the late summer early fall then next spring it might be up for the civilian market.

I would like to see that happen, but my take on the legislative environment suggests that a very exclusive line is about to be drawn between civilians and LE/USGI, with the LE/USGI being the 'haves', and the civvies becoming the 'have nots' where firearms that can be classified as assault firearms are concerned.

I'd love to be wrong about this but my bones are telling me otherwise.

My guess is that the means of manipulating this separation will be based on barrel length, with the really neato stuff having barrels that are banned by existing NFA regs, even if they're only illegal by 1/4". The M4 was an example of such an attempt.

Greg

so why sell Magpul it to BFI? when Magpul put it to the public they had made a lot of money,for new stuff...
or is there the Obama Gun Ban in the room?

I don't know.

I do know this, a boxer who telegraphs his punches is going to spend a lot of his career lying on his back.

When it comes, they'll make damned sure nobody sees it coming in time to do anything effective to deflect it.

Folks may think that because there's no news, it's good news. It's just as likely not. Me, I think these people are just crazy enough to try it.

And if folks want to consider me paranoid, I don't mind a bit.

Greg

I just found this on bushmasters site

ACR UPDATE
We continue to receive numerous calls from customers as to the status of the new Bushmaster ACR platform that we partnered with Magpul to bring to market. In an effort to try to keep all of our customers up to date – Bushmaster is happy to provide the following information:

Based upon the current level of production here at Bushmaster, and a number of military related projects – the Commercial version of the ACR originally slated for later in 2008, is currently being slated for a Q1 2009 release to the consumer markets. This allows us to continue our focus of preparing the ACR for initial Law Enforcement and Military demos, tests and evaluations which we are scheduling at this time. If your agency or unit has not yet had the chance to schedule a demonstration for this summer, and would like to – please send a note to [email protected].

In the meantime – the ACR will available to be seen in Booth 742 at the NRA show this weekend in Louisville for those consumers attending. We will endeavor to provide a new update on the release of the consumer versions of this exciting new rifle platform in late summer. As always, we appreciate your interest in Bushmaster, and loyalty to our brand.

Team Bushmaster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdgshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just found this on bushmasters site

ACR UPDATE
We continue to receive numerous calls from customers as to the status of the new Bushmaster ACR platform that we partnered with Magpul to bring to market. In an effort to try to keep all of our customers up to date – Bushmaster is happy to provide the following information:

Based upon the current level of production here at Bushmaster, and a number of military related projects – the Commercial version of the ACR originally slated for later in 2008, is currently being slated for a Q1 2009 release to the consumer markets. This allows us to continue our focus of preparing the ACR for initial Law Enforcement and Military demos, tests and evaluations which we are scheduling at this time. If your agency or unit has not yet had the chance to schedule a demonstration for this summer, and would like to – please send a note to [email protected].

In the meantime – the ACR will available to be seen in Booth 742 at the NRA show this weekend in Louisville for those consumers attending. We will endeavor to provide a new update on the release of the consumer versions of this exciting new rifle platform in late summer. As always, we appreciate your interest in Bushmaster, and loyalty to our brand.

Team Bushmaster
</div></div>

Any word on price points?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know.

I do know this, a boxer who telegraphs his punches is going to spend a lot of his career lying on his back.

When it comes, they'll make damned sure nobody sees it coming in time to do anything effective to deflect it.

Folks may think that because there's no news, it's good news. It's just as likely not. Me, I think these people are just crazy enough to try it.

And if folks want to consider me paranoid, I don't mind a bit.

Greg</div></div>

A big +1

The heck with bushmaster. Try and email them and you will get your hide tanned.

Im giving up on the ACR. I wish Magpul had kept it to themselves.

I went with an MSAR. they rock And the SCAR prices are trickling down slowly. I finally even got to play with one at a local shop. Nothing special IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The heck with bushmaster. Try and email them and you will get your hide tanned.

Im giving up on the ACR. I wish Magpul had kept it to themselves.

I went with an MSAR. they rock And the SCAR prices are trickling down slowly. I finally even got to play with one at a local shop. Nothing special IMO. </div></div>

The ACR is a lost cause at the moment. Even if they do get it out guys will drive the price tag up to $3 or $4 grand +.

If Magpul kept the ACR they would have never been able to keep up with orders. Just look at there stocks those are alot simple to produce and they can't keep up with all those orders.

My cousin was at Rainier Arms the other day and told me some dude was there with an ACR he just picked up for over 4k. I didn't bother to ask from where or how he got it because I am not interested in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My guess is that the means of manipulating this separation will be based on barrel length, with the really neato stuff having barrels that are banned by existing NFA regs, even if they're only illegal by 1/4". The M4 was an example of such an attempt.

Greg</div></div>

Care to explain?

The ACR is vaporware. I would doubt it will be available any time soon. Bushmaster says select customers first then common folk to follow. Sounds alot like Hk to me. In theory a polymer rifle should take less time to manufacture given than there are fewer metal parts to machine/mill. Who knows. I know that Bushmaster is probably one of a few companies that has the manufacturing capacity to bring something like the ACR to market in any quantity but it still remains to be seen.

I would love to have one but I doubt I will have the chance to get one.