• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Any news on the S&B 5-20x50 ultra short?

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
I'm guessing it's not available here in the US yet but are there any industry insiders that have played with one and can say a few things about it.

Hmm, I just found a "ultra short"-(pun intended, hardyhar) video on youtube and the sales lady said it would have 40 MRADS elevation but at S&B they advertise it as a single turn 17 MRAD. Maybe 2 versions will be available???

Thanks

Last edited:
The Ultra Short is said to have a redesigned large occular which gives it a very wide field of view, no tunneling, and a very forgiving eye box. The PDF I have states 17 mils for elevation as the "standard" turret, but no other option is listed. Last number that I heard was around $3500. I am anxiously waiting to purchase one for my LM8.

$3700 in Europe.

The Ultra Short is said to have a redesigned large occular which gives it a very wide field of view, no tunneling, and a very forgiving eye box. The PDF I have states 17 mils for elevation as the "standard" turret, but no other option is listed. Last number that I heard was around $3500. I am anxiously waiting to purchase one for my LM8.

I am running one of the pre-production single turn models. It has 17 mils in the single turn, very low pro locking elev., and a capped windage turret. It is a really nice scope. It is hard to believe that it is as small as it is. It is mounted on a Spuhr 6 mil mount on a 591 so it has over 40 moa of draft and had at least 4 mils left under the knob. It has a lot of travel. I understand that the production models will be DT and I have one of them on order.

I am running one of the pre-production single turn models. It has 17 mils in the single turn, very low pro locking elev., and a capped windage turret. It is a really nice scope. It is hard to believe that it is as small as it is. It is mounted on a Spuhr 6 mil mount on a 591 so it has over 40 moa of draft and had at least 4 mils left under the knob. It has a lot of travel. I understand that the production models will be DT and I have one of them on order.

What reticle did your pre-production model have in it Wade?

Hi Wade,

Thank you for posting up the info you have so far. Not to pile on, but if you have notes you are able/willing to share on this optic vs. the Schmidt 3-20 I would love to hear them (as well as any additional preliminary review notes). Thanks again for everything, have a good one.

-Sean

Hi Wade,

Thank you for posting up the info you have so far. Not to pile on, but if you have notes you are able/willing to share on this optic vs. the Schmidt 3-20 I would love to hear them (as well as any additional preliminary review notes). Thanks again for everything, have a good one.

-Sean

+1