• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up any one from kansas

superyota

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
winslow az
looking to move to topeka area for work and trying to see if anyone can help me with a note on witch side of town to move too and where i can go shooting.

Re: any one from kansas

I'm from Kansas, but not real familiar with the topeka area. There are some places up there thay you may not want to live though!

i have lived in all of those places man, lol. also people get killed on the west side too. at least in the ghetto, its not as big of a loss as usually its not a productive citizen thats gets shot. man if you have the money live on the west side. thats where the ghetto boys go to steal, lol. really man, there is no place that hasnt had crime touch it. ive lived here all my life and never had an issue. ive lived in the ghetto and ive lived on the "nice" side. i prefer the ghetto. houses are cheaper and rent is as well. you will be able to tell by looking whats a good area. hit me up and i know a few people in real estate. get a fenced yard, a doggy door and a big dog. and of course a gun.

So Axe, there any place up there that a guy can shoot to say 500-600yd or more? It might be worth the trip to see if I can hit something!

stationed at Riley, go to Topeka to eat now and then, no offense but that whole town seems rough to me, being nice. Bet one could shoot long range at aforementioned non-productive "citizens"

300 is the limit at http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/

up north there is a public 100 range at horton

i guess its private land for anything further. i find it hard to believe after driving across this state that there is not someplace where a guy could stretch out past 300y

If you have the money, live in Lawrence and drive. Topeka is the biggest city with absolutley nothing to do i have ever seen. I was born there and only go back to see my dad who has arrested probably 3/4th of the city.

I agree with Topeka being rough, but I like it better than Lawrence anyway. Lawrence is ultra liberal. Even the waitresses and gas station clerks are snobs. In Topeka, they just rob, stab and shoot, which I can deal with.
You need to get out in the country and meet the real Kansas people.
JMO

Topeka is like a mini DC. Anything close to the capital is suspect. Lawrence as stated is way liberal, doesn't help I went to K-State. Check out some of the small towns that are close but far enough to discourage low life's.
There are some guys from up there that come down to Tulsa for the 600 and 1000 yd. F-class matches. Get out be polite no telling what you might fall into.

Lawrence is deffinetly liberal, thats why i always have fun there. Never any shortage of hippies to piss off, and that's fun.

Come down to southern Kansas, south of Wichita. There is plenty of open pastures but no public place to shoot.

Any Hide members near Sedgwick County that know of a closer place than Hutch's Central KS gun club for longer range shooting? Getting tired of shooting indoors at Bullseye and the LEO range is only 50 yards.

Shankster. I've heard the girls are nice up there (haven't been to a BB game in a few years, but I remember). Like the avatar. A lot. Still staring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any Hide members near Sedgwick County that know of a closer place than Hutch's Central KS gun club for longer range shooting? Getting tired of shooting indoors at Bullseye and the LEO range is only 50 yards. </div></div>

The Air Capital Gun Club is in Wichita but according to their website you have to be a member and they only have 100 yards.

I would say your best bet is private land. Get to know a farmer, help him with some chores on a semi regular basis and you could work yourself into a pretty good deal. You could also move out of the city and buy some land.

Air Capital Gun Club is mainly for skeet shooters, if I remember right. Thanks though. I've got some family about 1 hr away and can do limitless shooting on their land, but nothing close by.

There are mostly individuals)private property) to get past 100yds around here. I don't know of anything that gets out there to far in the whole state. It's closer for me to go to Oklahoma to shoot past 500yds.

Come out west I'll get you to 1000 or further, Syracuse has a club to 200 yds, suppose to be extending to 500 soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with Topeka being rough, but I like it better than Lawrence anyway. Lawrence is ultra liberal. Even the waitresses and gas station clerks are snobs. In Topeka, they just rob, stab and shoot, which I can deal with.
You need to get out in the country and meet the real Kansas people.
JMO </div></div> +1 to that

It sure would be nice to be able to go to a local or at least in state longe range shooting comp of some kind!