• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any opinion on new EBR-2B?

brutus895

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2009
Columbus, OH
I know this is a new reticle from Vortex, but I'm scheduled to send my Razor in for the new ocular and I can switch to the EBR-2B if I want.

Anyone had enough time with the new reticle to comment on the difference between two? Is it enough of a difference for the $150 upgrade? Thanks!

Re: Any opinion on new EBR-2B?

It seems to me like this has been an issue of personal preference for some. There were some shooters that were happy with the original reticle. Others who didn't feel satisfied with it and like the new design. You should ask yourself if your happy with the original. If so, stick with it--if not, consider the upgrade.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Thanks for the reply. I do like the original, wanted to hear what others thought about it. Thanks again.

I think the biggest difference is the size of the dots, if you had trouble seeing holdover dots with the EBR-2 then the -2B should be a good upgrade, if you had no problems with the EBR-2, or didn't use the dots to begin with then the -2B really isn't worth the extra.

Would bave to say that I have both and have run both. Sufice it to say my EBR-2 will soon be a EBR-2B. I just found the B version to work better for me.

I am days away from ordering a Razor HD and have been looking at both reticles and I just don't like the #'s running down the center on the 2B. That and I really don't think every Mil needed to be numbered.

Chiller do you have any through scope pics of both reticles at same mag by any chance? I still am undecided on which to go with.

I have both EBR-2 & EBR-2B - and like EBR-2B better.

Thanks for the replies!

I just found out that one of the guys at my shooting club has the 2-B. Looks like I'll have time to check his out first hand before I have to make a decision.