• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Orange County, NY Members Here?

Tango2249

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Any of you guys members of the Monroe Chester Sportsmen Club?

Re: Any Orange County, NY Members Here?

Not quite Orange, but I live in NYC and my family has land in Sullivan county (Monticello). Actually headed up there tomorrow to survey the land and pick up my hunting license before the hunting season starts.

I'm in Orange County, but I don't go to Monroe. I do all my shooting at Cherry Ridge in NJ.

I'm letting my Cherry Ridge membership lapse, as I joined Ft. Dix, NJ instead

I live in rockland cty and belong to Black Rock in mountainville.I shoot three gun matches at Monroe Chester.Great club,but it sucks for rifle shooting,so I joined black rock.
STEVE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in rockland cty and belong to Black Rock in mountainville.I shoot three gun matches at Monroe Chester.Great club,but it sucks for rifle shooting,so I joined black rock.
STEVE </div></div>

I'm in Orange as well(don't get to shoot too much these days, but that's another story).

The Monroe/Chester club has had ongoing legal battles with surrounding residents, town councilmen and lawyers, the whole deal for years now over allegations of rounds leaving the grounds, etc. As with many sprawl areas, the club once sat in the "sticks," but is now surrounded by big, expensive homes, often filled with re-located city slickers and the like. Naturally, that is trouble just waiting to happen. It's just been a rough devade or more as I understand it.

Try Walden Sportmans Club 150yd, Black Rock 200yd, or New Paltz Sportsman 150yd. I'm not a memeber of any southern, NY clubs, but most of my friends have memberships at these clubs.

Hugo