• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any owners of RND rifles

HKinAK

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2010
I did a search on RND rifles and only found one thread that was a disaster, and it only had a reference to RND's website.

So my question: any owners of RND rifles, particularly RND 2000 or RND 2500?

Thanks. You can PM me as I have specific questions about your experience shooting the rifle.

Re: Any owners of RND rifles

I have several of the early 5.56 guns and a very early production 7.62 rifle.

I recommended that Lloyd skip the 7.62 gun and make a 338 Lapua semi auto. He made the decision to wait on the 338 and then had quite a while until he figured out how to make it function well from what he told me.

Haven't talked with Lloyd in quite a while, but he is a very talented machinist with a love for rifles.

MV

I live close to RND and have been shooting 3-Gun for 12-13 years in Colorado.

I have never seen a RND rifle at any match.

MV is the only guy I know of with one.

Thanks. Next time I am in Colorado I will have to stop by the shop.

I am looking for a heavy caliber bolt or semi rifle. I use to own a Barrett M82A1 (early model) and was happy with it but it wasn't the most accurate. I haven't decided on .338LM or .408CheyTac.

Thanks for the comments.

I have shot several of the 338's and the 408. The 308's were very accurate. I was shooting 250 grain black hills. At 100 yards groups were in 1/2 inch to 3/4 5 shot groups. I have talked to several guys who have shot them at at 1000 and they were shooting in the 6 inch range. The craftmanship is exellent. And he has been making the 338 fir 11 years. Michael Voight used to shoot ( and win) 3 gun with a RND 223.

I too am interested in both the RND 2000 (338 Lapua) and the RND 3000 (50BMG). If anyone has any additional info I would love to hear it as well.

As much as I love to shoot a weapon which can deliver near absolute accuracy (1/2 MOA), I think the rapid follow up shot ability of the semi-auto is really calling my name. If I can get a semi-auto 338 Lapua and or 50BMG that can shoot <1 MOA I want it. I "think" that is what RND is doing if not better, but I don't know this for certain, hence the post here. Again, any info to support or disclaim this would be appreciated.

HKinAK I sent you a PM. I spoke with Lloyd at RND a few weeks ago and thought you might like to hear what I learned.

Brent