• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any owners of Surgeon Scapel rifles in 308 20"?

81sfo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2008
    USA HOU TX
    Id like to see if theres any one out here that has a Surgeon Scapel in AICS 20" 308.Im looking for accuracy and distance capablity experienced with this rifle.Also what ammo,loads and otpics used.Please post your experiences with this model Surgeon,thanks in advance.Im very interested to hear some feedback.

Re: Any owners of Surgeon Scapel rifles in 308 20"?

There a number of threads on this topic, do some searching or maybe someone can post links to a few of them. Contact HeyCorey he has this rifle configuration.

Bottom line, I'll give you $100USD if you can find a legitimate complaint about Surgeon Rifles or the way they do business.

Order with confidence.

David.

Thanks David,ill look him up see if he has something to say about the Scapel.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAC READY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There a number of threads on this topic, do some searching or maybe someone can post links to a few of them. Contact HeyCorey he has this rifle configuration.

Bottom line, I'll give you $100USD if you can find a legitimate complaint about Surgeon Rifles or the way they do business.

Order with confidence.

David.
    </div></div>

ANyone else out there that has orderd a Surgeon rifle and has some input????Im about to place an order for a Scapel and need some more responses.They told me 4-6 weeks!Is this what you guys have waited for these?seem like little time to wait.let me know.thanks

Surgeon is outstanding. 4-6 weeks is nothing, GA Precision has a 10 month lead time on complete rifles.

I have several surgeons, just got my last one in yesterday.
    4-6 weeks isn't that long.The only smith that I have used that is faster is Roscoe and he probably is about a month out. Surgeon actions are great they build guns that are just as good so just order it and it will PROBABLE be here before the 6 week mark.

got a scalpel in 260 and it rocks!!!! cant go wrong!!

Getting my build together piece by piece. Customer service is fantastic, they really work with customers to get you exactly what you want. As soon as my stock is finished at McMillan (August) should be 4-6 weeks later and I will have my Scalpel in hand!

Those guys build one of the best rifles and are a "class act"!

thanks for the responses, Now one last question for all Surgeon owners...Who wants to sell their 308 Scapel????

I have a Scalpel on a McMillan stock.

It's great, they are great.

If I had another choice, knowing that GA Precision makes a rifle as accurate, I still wouldn't change, cause what I have works perfectly.

I'd buy same brand again.

I have a surgeon action in an A-5 fully adj. with a Krieger barrel and shilen trigger, its a tack driver

Jensen arms has just what you want in 260. Look at there web site + surgeon has some inventory?