• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Palmetto Gun Club Members?

wisey113

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
Denver, CO
A long shot (excuse the pun), but any members on here a member of Palmetto Gun Club?

I just moved to Charleston, and have been looking for a place to shoot at distance, with no luck. I came across Palmetto Gun Club, but it's a members only range, and it seems you need a current member to sponsor your application.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge with the club, I'd love to learn more about it and if it's even possible to join.

Cheers,

Jamie

I'm new to Charleston myself, and I know one or two members there. I'll be submitting my application soon, but I think there is a waiting list.

It is possible to join. There’s a 600 member limit. Come out to an F-Class shoot and bring your application . You will find someone to sign off as a sponsor. The wait list is about 1 year. If you’re interested in a day trip, you can go to Ft. Gordon in Augusta Georgia. They have a 1000 yd range. If you want to shoot further check out SCOTG.

Check charlestonlongrange.com for a PGC F-Class schedule. 800 yard matches are held every other month.

Where are you located in Charleston? What are you shooting?

Same, 6.5 CM, .308 some .223 bolts and autos. Bring your .308 out to the next F-Class match (2nd Sat. In March). Good group of guys. Next month is an intermediate range. Will be good to get to know the club and meet members.

Are you reloading?

I'm downtown Charleston. I'll have to check out the F-Class match.

I just sold my .308 Surgeon, and I'm probably going to switch to a 6.5 CM or .260 Rem Desert Tech SRS A1. I usually reload, but given my current living situation, space won't allow it. Hopefully in a few months when I move, I'll be able to set up the bench again!

I'm still fairly new to the Precision Rifle game, so still got a lot to learn. Don't think I'm quite ready for an F-class match, but would love to come out and see it nonetheless.

I'm downtown Charleston. I'll have to check out the F-Class match.

I just sold my .308 Surgeon, and I'm probably going to switch to a 6.5 CM or .260 Rem Desert Tech SRS A1. I usually reload, but given my current living situation, space won't allow it. Hopefully in a few months when I move, I'll be able to set up the bench again!

I'm still fairly new to the Precision Rifle game, so still got a lot to learn. Don't think I'm quite ready for an F-class match, but would love to come out and see it nonetheless.
That’s the beauty of an F-Class Match. You’ll see everything from hunting rifles to $5K custom rigs. You can’t go wrong. If you have velocities for your loads come on out. You’ll get on target.

I do reload, but my current appt doesn't have the space, hopefully once I move. I'll definitely come check p it an f-class match, probably be a spectator first, then shoot. I'm new to PRECISION rifle shooting as well, shot a few matches over the past 2 years, but mostly been focusing on training classes.

I do reload, but my current appt doesn't have the space, hopefully once I move. I'll definitely come check p it an f-class match, probably be a spectator first, then shoot. I'm new to PRECISION rifle shooting as well, shot a few matches over the past 2 years, but mostly been focusing on training classes.

We should connect some time.

I will add that if you do come to spectate, bring your rifle and 80 rounds. They will likely talk you into shooting the match. It's pretty straight forward. Again, if you are shooting factory ammo, most of us have an idea of what your dope will be. They have steel set up at each range, and can help walk you in.

Regarding, Ft. Gordon. That's about a two and a half hour drive. It can be done in one day. I will advise, however that to enter the site with a firearm you must complete for 9243. This takes several weeks to get approved, then you have to pick it up in person. If you do have the form, then you would be able to take a guest as long as the guest didn't bring a personal weapon. So in the past, I've taken people out, but "Purchased" their personal guns from them for $1. When we leave I "Sell" it back to them for $1. That way we are completely legal. A good idea would be to complete the form and call the range. They can submit it for you, and then you can pick it up at a later date.

New to the hide but have been a member of Palmetto for about 5 years. As said above best thing to do is shoot a match or go spectate since you don’t have to be a member to do ether. Make friends with the members shooting the match and have them sponsor you to join. Currently there is a wait list but it usually doesn’t take long to get in. Just note that we will be starting range improvements in October after the GSSF match and the range will be closed for a few months I believe.

New to the hide but have been a member of Palmetto for about 5 years. As said above best thing to do is shoot a match or go spectate since you don’t have to be a member to do ether. Make friends with the members shooting the match and have them sponsor you to join. Currently there is a wait list but it usually doesn’t take long to get in. Just note that we will be starting range improvements in October after the GSSF match and the range will be closed for a few months I believe.

I hope that they add new steel of various sizes. I'd also like to see some intermediate range steel.

I hope that they add new steel of various sizes. I'd also like to see some intermediate range steel.
I hope so. I have not been to the monthly meeting the last few months since its on a day of the week I have a family commitment.. Are you a member? do you know what they are going to be doing? I know some is Berm work but I think they were talking about improving the Long Range including targets at some point in the discussion.

I hope so. I have not been to the monthly meeting the last few months since its on a day of the week I have a family commitment.. Are you a member? do you know what they are going to be doing? I know some is Berm work but I think they were talking about improving the Long Range including targets at some point in the discussion.
Yes, I am a member. I've yet to get the Long Range Cert. from the club ( I shoot LR elsewhere). I need to take the test, I suppose, as there are no classes in 2018.

Berm work is the major consideration, the will also make changes to the shooting line. I've not heard the final plan. Pits have been mentioned... etc.

They are asking for volunteers to help with Electrical, Plumbing and Carpentry. The club will be shut down for at least 3 Months.

Last I heard the are waiting on permits.

Thanks! I have't gotten mine ether. I am newer into the long range side but have been interested for quite some time. I am hoping to find time and just go take the test and not have to sit through a 4 day class spanning 2 weekends. besides the last time I had time it was full. Weekends are for family. Anyway I am planing on shooting Friday morning for a few hours if timing permits. Just got the LRHSi GAP deal mounted and am hoping to get some time behind it.

On a side note the F class guy's are a nice bunch and very welcoming when I went to an into class about a year ago.

Thanks! I have't gotten mine ether. I am newer into the long range side but have been interested for quite some time. I am hoping to find time and just go take the test and not have to sit through a 4 day class spanning 2 weekends. besides the last time I had time it was full. Weekends are for family. Anyway I am planing on shooting Friday morning for a few hours if timing permits. Just got the LRHSi GAP deal mounted and am hoping to get some time behind it.

On a side note the F class guy's are a nice bunch and very welcoming when I went to an into class about a year ago.

A friend of mine cashed in on GAP deal. He's very pleased.

Based on the test questions, I have no doubts it passable. Once I take it I'll reach out to you and advise.

Reactions: kepo

I know, old post, yada yada yada...….still this is something I want to address

Don't quite understand this reluctance to get in there and shoot just because one is "fairly new". Set the ego aside. Nobody will give a shit how well or how poorly you shoot. We're all focused on our own performance (the only one we can control). Nobody will make fun of anybody.

Here's the truth: you will never be "good enough" or "ready" to compete until you compete. I know, mind blown.

As long as you're safe and competent with a firearm, get to the line and shoot. Even if your rifle doesn't quite meet all the rules. Allowances will be made.

I built a rifle for a friend of mine who shoots there sometimes in matches. He shoots well in them. I think that’s the same range, there are several 800-1000 yd ranges that host matches in Ga/Sc. Just do it....