• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Recommendations on a chronograph?

svencool

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
Everett WA
www.photostrated.com
Looking for any recommendations
smile.gif

Mike

Re: Any Recommendations on a chronograph?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oehler 35p, love mine </div></div>

+1 I just bought one a couple months ago an love it.

Good morning, guys,

I have a Beta Chrony and Chrony printer that I've used for years. It's been very accurate and reliable since an upgrade many years ago and I use it all the time.

When I first bought it in 1996, it wouldn't pick up bullets a lot of the time, and lighting was very picky. I finally gave up frustrated and annoyed and packed it away. Then, in 2000, I got the itch to chrono again and decided there had to be a better way but figured I'd call Chrony first. Come to find out, there had been a huge lens/sensor upgrade and software update. They did it all for nothing, including shipping both ways. I had it back in a week. Since then, it has been incredible....I've even tested it in light conditions that were very questionable and it worked flawlessly. It was an entirely different animal from before.

I've also compared it to, and shot over more expensive calibrated chronos in series with it and it provides the same results. Every now and then I get the urge to get a much fancier chrono, but I can't bring myself to do it since this one is so reliable and accurate. Maybe they're not all this way, but mine is fantastic since the 2000 upgrade. Just an FYI, regardless of conditions, I always use the sunscreens that came with it.

Sorry for the long-winded reply guys.

Warmest regards,
Rob

Hi again, all,

I just checked prices, and based upon price and features, if I was to buy now I'd go with the CED M2 also....My Beta and Printer was a bit more than half of what they are now. For what the M2 is, I think it's a better value if it operates well, which it apparently does. Very well.

Warmest regards,
Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobfromME</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi again, all,

I just checked prices, and based upon price and features, if I was to buy now I'd go with the CED M2 also....My Beta and Printer was a bit more than half of what they are now. For what the M2 is, I think it's a better value if it operates well, which it apparently does. Very well.

Warmest regards,
Rob</div></div>

Thanks everyone for giving me a few things to look at and consider. Never thought much about the lightening as I would have never have thought to be an issue. Thanks again

I got a pact mkiv xp. Other then the wait I am really impressed. I got the IR sensors and have had no problems. I built a battery pack for the sensors so I could use it outside, without electricity, in very low light conditions.