• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Remington nylon model owners here?

Mike_in_FL

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 29, 2008
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I've had an old Mohawk 10C forever. That was the K-Mart version of the 77. Always had a problem with too much spring tension in the magazines for this rifle and always had to cut coils off.

Another thing I noticed today as I finally took it out for the first time in years. This rifle doesn't want to cycle with standard velocity or subsonics. It seems to run fine only with high velocity. Has anybody else ever seen this?

Re: Any Remington nylon model owners here?

I have a black diamond and it runs great. Best bet is rimfirecentral.com those guys know their sh!t. But a post up you'll be up and running in no time. I got it at an estate sale a few years back and its such a blast to shoot. I love the light weight.

I've never had a problem with my 66. I have shot a half a case of cheap win super x through it in one day and it never gave me any trouble.

My first gun was a Nylon 77. I put a scope on it in high school, and was never really happy with the results due to the flimsy sheet steel cover. I took it out a couple years back just to play around with it, and was surprised how accurate it is with irons.

Thanks for the replies. Checked out rimfirecentral again and also found nylonrifles.com. Seems like there's been a lot of folks with the same probs as I've experienced such as the mag dumping out cartridges or not locking into the action.

I did a little more disassembly but didn't clean the barrel or anything drastic. I found that the action spring had somehow developed a kink so I reversed it on the plunger and the action seems a lot easier to cycle.

I know everybody is saying that theirs runs, but is this true with the subs or std. vel stuff? Or just hi-vel? I'd like to get it to run on these if it requires trimming/tweaking the action spring. Regardless, I'll pick up a new one from Numrich while they can still be had.

Seems like it wanted to drill at 25 yd., but not much of a test. Running that Federal which cycled it, wasn't pretty out at 50.

I have a N77 in the safe I tossed a cheap 3x9 scope on for my daughter when she was about 8. I haven't shot it in years