• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

any reticle comperable to a h59?..

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
I am trying to make sure that I haven't missed anything in my search for a new 10/22 scope

here is my criteria

looking for a reticle in first focal plane with both elevation and windage hold offs that are on more than just the main cross

the horus hunter with h59 is currently the best thing I can find..

anyone have a better rimfire option? better price perhaps?

http://www.horusvision.com/hunter.php

The Horus scope you linked to has fixed 100m parallax. Just a FYI...

That's the main reason I haven't gotten it already.. I want the parallax adjustment

What is your budget?

I was trying to to keep it under 750 jbell, that's looking like an impossible task at the minute though

Wanted to have enough hold over in reticle to plink plates out to 300 ... Or at least throw rounds in the vicinity of a plate at that distance.. Trying to make a wind trainer

Yep that's going to be hard... Ill think about it. Are you using a Hours in other scopes? If not I think that you will find that with a little time you really will not lose very much dialing elevation and then holding wind. You will also save a decent amount of money. Also its very personal but I like a open field of view as much as possible when shooing, just me.

Yep that's going to be hard... Ill think about it. Are you using a Hours in other scopes? If not I think that you will find that with a little time you really will not lose very much dialing elevation and then holding wind. You will also save a decent amount of money. Also its very personal but I like a open field of view as much as possible when shooing, just me.

I don't have anything Horus or any reticle that even remotely resembles it. I was curious about the style of reticle, because I am not very proficient at dialing quickly. I was trying to find a more inexpensive version of a reticle like it to try out so I could decide if it was something I would like.

I may very well conclude the same as you that I dislike how busy the reticle is the first time I try using one though...

I think I may just conclude this idea for now and start looking for a reticle to dial the elevation and hold the wind as you suggest though.

thanks for the help guys!

You are going to miss a lot of the bullet splashes of the .22 with a H59
I bet you could find one of Bushnell's elite tactical 30mm tube scopes with a G2 reticle in your price range here on the PX.
Vortex also makes their version of a christmas tree reticle but it has too much open space for my taste. Also in your price range if bought used here on the PX.
The good thing about both these reticles is they aren't too bothersome for spotting splash like the H59 is for me.

I like the G2DMR on my CZ455 more than the Vortex on my 10/22 but I pretty much always dial anyways.

Not to sure if either will get you to 300 strictly using holdover.

Last edited:
someone on here not too long ago had a very nice kidd set up with a 25moa rail and a swfa ss scope said he could dial out to 400yards with it, other big plus with ss scopes is they are mil/mil so makes dialing much easier.

You're better off buying a used HDMR with H58 or H59. I've seen the H58 go for as low as $800. 10 times the scope of any other Horus brand scope too.

I think I will just take Jbell's info to heart about dialing elevation and holding wind...

I had good luck with the first falcon menace I got so I guess I will get another another falcon menace 4-14 in moa.. since I have yet to give in to the metric system..

to price offset will let me put a kidd trigger in the budget as well so nothing lost I guess