• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Any reviews on Griffin GP 7

I got nothing on the GP7, but it appears that it uses the same baffle configuration as the Recce 7. I'm not sure on that, but if that's the case I would expect it to be very quiet and durable. I got my Recce 7 not too long ago and it's an amazing can. I have been using it exclusively while calling coyotes and it's been perfect for that. It has also tested lower numbers than a lot of cans people talk about more. Like my Omega.

Reactions: nmsheephunter
Another happy Recce 7 ownder. GP7 is the same stack and had it been out when I bought my Recce I'd have gone with it.

Reactions: nmsheephunter
I have one of their Revolution 9 cans that I really like. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Recce 7, the Sportsman 300, or gp7.

Have to decide if I want to make it a dedicated 1 gun suppressor or multi host suppressor

I have one of their Revolution 9 cans that I really like. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Recce 7, the Sportsman 300, or gp7.

Have to decide if I want to make it a dedicated 1 gun suppressor or multi host suppressor
If your firing schedule will be light then the Sportsman 300 is a nice lightweight can that utilizes their taper mount. I think it comes in at like 10-11oz but like I said before it's limited to a slow firing schedule. Should be able to pick up a sportsman for about $500 and a GP 7 for about $60 cheaper

If your firing schedule will be light then the Sportsman 300 is a nice lightweight can that utilizes their taper mount. I think it comes in at like 10-11oz but like I said before it's limited to a slow firing schedule. Should be able to pick up a sportsman for about $500 and a GP 7 for about $60 cheaper

It would be going on a Tac A1, so definitely slow firing.

I just can't decide if I want the direct thread of the gp7, or the quick change of the Sportsman.

As it is because of rebates/promotions I'm sitting on more Griffin taper mounts than guns that will use them. And I'd like to add a semi auto or 2 in the near future which if I wanted to use it on that then I'm thinking Recce 7 for its strength.

But I also want to add a 9mm sub gun (haven't decided on mp5 clone, Scorpion, or something from B&T) that I'll probably buy a dedicated 9mm can for.

Man 2019 is going to be expensive..........

So in my reading I'm finding lots of people complaining the Recce 5 is very quiet but very gassy on semi auto guns

Can anyone comment if the GP7/Recce 7 is the same way? If so not a big deal, it will just be relegated to bolt guns only and I'll order a low back pressure can at the same time

To be fair I've never put my Recce 7 on a gas gun, but the laws of physics dictate that if it's super quiet at the muzzle, then it has to be a high back pressure design and will therefore be gassier on the chamber end. As so many professors love to say, "there's no free lunch" when it comes to physics.

So in my reading I'm finding lots of people complaining the Recce 5 is very quiet but very gassy on semi auto guns

Can anyone comment if the GP7/Recce 7 is the same way? If so not a big deal, it will just be relegated to bolt guns only and I'll order a low back pressure can at the same time
I've only used my Recce 7 on one of my 18" SPR in 556. Plus that particular rifle also has an SLR sentry 7 adjustable gas block. It's a super soft shooter and not gassy at all. But again, I'm shooting 556 thru a 30 cal can and have an AGB. I do have an AR in 308 but run my SDn6 on it

I bought one from silencer shop last May, just got it out of jail last week, and just shot it today. I’m super impressed.
i shot it in a 300 blackout 10.3” sbr. I didn’t notice any gas with subs or supers, unlike my experience with my 223 can, and it was very quiet, and only moved the poi about 2” down at 100 yards with supers.
I also shot it on a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 and it worked well there also. I really like this can.

Gp cans are made with the same adherence to quality as our other suppressors but are more basic for cost reduction.
Can you please give me some details on the baffles?
Are they the same eco flow low backpressure design as the recce 7 mod4?
How many baffles does the gp7 have?
I'm looking at running one on an ar10 6.5

Can you please give me some details on the baffles?
Are they the same eco flow low backpressure design as the recce 7 mod4?
How many baffles does the gp7 have?
I'm looking at running one on an ar10 6.5
The GP7 is a 6 baffle can with the same baffles as the Recce 7 mod 04 other than being 6 instead of 7.

Reactions: AMGtuned