• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any sales/year-end deals for budget AR barrel?

1500varmint

Well-Armed Pacifist
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2018
I have a box of AR parts in the corner so I want to put an AR15 plinker together for my youngest to use when we go plinking at the range. I have everything except a barrel and BCG, so I'd like to pick up the barrel now and get the BCG later, or repurpose an existing one.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't pick this one up when it was available a few weeks ago from Stag Arms for $149:
16 in 5.56 1:9 4140 Carbine Length Gas System Govt Profile Crowned

Anyone have a link to a good deal on a 16 inch .223/5.56 barrel????

Thanks.

If you’re not above a pin and weld, Davidson’s has the MMC socom barrels back in stock for $229

I would be very tempted to look for a mid length gas system for a 16" barrel. For years I used carbine length, as we all did, but since I discovered how much smoother mid length is I don't expect to go back if I can avoid it.

If you’re not above a pin and weld, Davidson’s has the MMC socom barrels back in stock for $229

Thanks for the link Jsp. I'll keep it as a backup.

I have no objections to a pin/weld, but I don't have an extra brake or a welding machine, so the cost creeps up incrementally.

I would be very tempted to look for a mid length gas system for a 16" barrel. For years I used carbine length, as we all did, but since I discovered how much smoother mid length is I don't expect to go back if I can avoid it.

Thanks Downtown. Yes, mid length would be great, but for a cheapskate franken-build beggars can't be choosers!! :)

These are their normal prices, but Green Mountain makes great barrels for the money:

Also a fluted 18" with Rifle length gas system that should be very soft recoiling:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1500varmint
These are their normal prices, but Green Mountain makes great barrels for the money:

Also a fluted 18" with Rifle length gas system that should be very soft recoiling:

Thanks for sharing.

They have several barrels that look interesting, though several are out of stock.

I'm fighting between the impulse to buy one NOW so I can have fun and put together, and on the other side the cheapskate in me is saying wait.

I'm fighting between the impulse to buy one NOW so I can have fun and put together, and on the other side the cheapskate in me is saying wait.

You may have missed the holiday sales, but I suspect there will be another run on parts when Biden takes office and starts talking gun control. If you see something that jumps out at you, it might not be a bad time to buy, just in case...

If you're not afraid of a pin & weld job, you might consider one of these 14.5" barrels from Columbia River Arms' overstock. I was planning on ordering one until I got a Black Friday deal on a Wilson Combat 14.7".

Reactions: 1500varmint
You may have missed the holiday sales, but I suspect there will be another run on parts when Biden takes office and starts talking gun control. If you see something that jumps out at you, it might not be a bad time to buy, just in case...

If you're not afraid of a pin & weld job, you might consider one of these 14.5" barrels from Columbia River Arms' overstock. I was planning on ordering one until I got a Black Friday deal on a Wilson Combat 14.7".
Man, that’s a great deal on those 14.5 barrels. I have an extra upper laying around and a handguard.......oh crap, I think I’m going to build another upper!

That's a good one too.

I was initially planning on going with an A2 look, but not sure how that would look with the stainless barrel.

Reactions: JS8588
Thanks for sharing.

They have several barrels that look interesting, though several are out of stock.

dude wait, primary arms just ran a deal a CHF for 199, they do still have a 14.7 for 230.00

I have a box of AR parts in the corner so I want to put an AR15 plinker together for my youngest to use when we go plinking at the range. I have everything except a barrel and BCG, so I'd like to pick up the barrel now and get the BCG later, or repurpose an existing one.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't pick this one up when it was available a few weeks ago from Stag Arms for $149:
16 in 5.56 1:9 4140 Carbine Length Gas System Govt Profile Crowned

Anyone have a link to a good deal on a 16 inch .223/5.56 barrel????

Thanks.
They dropped the price to 199.00. The is a great barrel, it will be accurate and take a beatin.

Agreed but their Value Line is oos like most things these days.
true but they do get them in frequently so add the alert. Really like them for a cheaper alternative. I've done a few 308 builds with their barrels and saw no difference in accuracy between these and BA barrels I've used. I believe they use green mountain blanks

I have a couple of NIB M16A1 chrome lined barrels (made by/for Brownells) if anyone needs one PM me.

They dropped the price to 199.00. The is a great barrel, it will be accurate and take a beatin.

terrific barrel and great price in this market.

Reactions: JS8588