• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any short barrel TRG-22s out there?

zunrj5

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2005
Boise, ID
A search didn't turn up much info.

I've seen a couple 42s in a short barrel config, around 22" IIRC. But none on a 22. Has anybody here tried it yet? Thanks.

Re: Any short barrel TRG-22s out there?

I thought someone just sold one on here that was cut down to 18". Search through the EE.

"Terje338" here at SH has cut down his TRG22 to 21 or 22" if i remember correctly. Send him an PM and he'll let you know how much it changed his MV and accuracy. ( -Think he mentioned loosing only 10-15ms/30-45fps in MV with same ammo, and no loss in accuracy ) Take care. TEF

I had mine cut to 21" and put a badger FTE on it. Perfect balance for the system. I will try to get pic's put up.

here ya go
DSCN0424.jpg

Thanks a lot guys, I'll have to PM Terje.

8up... Looks great! Thanks for the pic.

What's the word on accuracy/MV?

Being a Sako, it is nothing but accurate. It shot tight with 26" of barrel, and still even with 5" cut off. The most rounds I have used through it is M118 LR. It has shot this stuff so good that I have not tried anything else. When I have a good day, it is in .5 MOA with it, sometimes better. MV, I have lost around 60 fps using the LR from the previous 26". Never regreted on cutting it down, accuracy is still there and it better to balance out. RWS did the smithing.

Our TRG-22 test weapon has had the barrel cut down to 20".

It has several thousand rounds through it. It still does 0.5 MOA easily.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

Hi,
Last year I cut my TRG-22 barrel from 26" to 22" and I lost under 10m/s with my handload.

I belived I post a tread here at SH aboute my barrel cutting, but I cant find it...Maybe it is to old.
Anyway, I found a old tread at a Norwegian gun forum "Kammeret" and when I put the tred in the google translater you can read it here: Kammeret

regards
Terje

Terje,

A great many thanks for posting the google translator and website link. Rather a tremendous site with many superb contributors. Enjoyed seeing the conversion of a win 70 la wooden stock from LH to RH while the guy awaited his McMillan delivery.

Thanks again very much, especially for all your TRG 22/42 efforts. Really liked the new safety slide and bipod feet in your post, as well as the wheel cheekpiece riser covered here since last year.

Please tell me that a suppressor is known as a bananna or is at least called a bananna in slang (i.e. "can" here) in Norway lol. That would be awesome. I haven't laughed at a translation like that in years lol. Thanks Terje.

The google translation works, but have a lot of misinterpretations.

In Norway we called suppressor for lyddemper.
Bananna? I look at that translation to find what word Bananna, and the only word I found was that google have translate the Norwegian word "bana"( ENG:shootingrange) to banana
grin.gif

I have TRG 22 with the barrel cut down to 20" with a Near brake. A slight drop in velocity but it shoots .5 moa on a regular basis with Federal Gold Medal 168 gr. I have shot better groups but I am not that consistent to do it regularly. I have a few custom rifles as well that I paid much more for and the Sako outshoots them all.

hehe thanks Terje. Its pouring down outside where I am right now so it looks like the "Banana" is going to be muddy as hell for the next couple of days. I am interested in one of your thumbwheel cheek risers and safety extension. If you have any left, please email me at [email protected] if you get a chance. THANKS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 8up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here ya go
DSCN0424.jpg
</div></div>

Nice... just redone mine in FDE too.

I just took delivery of a 20" barrel 6.5mm and I'm loving the way it handles.

Looking at those fps numbers I think the TRG may get the chop!

TC

I hear you TC, been wanting to do a 6.5 myself on this system