• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any sniper/precision rifle courses in or around AL

TLong

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
www.1042blue.wixsite.com
I am wanting to take a sniper or precision rifle course, and was wondering if you guys know of any in the Alabama area or within a few hour drive? I am wanting to particularly concentrate on stalking/concealment and long range shooting (500+ yards). I am willing to go wherever, but it would be nice to have something close. Any ideas or experience with the courses I described?
Thanks.

Re: Any sniper/precision rifle courses in or around AL

Not sure about the stalking/concealment part. But I do know of few good place to shoot. I have three different matches I shoot at and all the people are very helpful. May want to try shooting some of these matches. Look in the Comp. section for SCASS matches and the Hardrock matches. If you want to know more about them give me a PM and I'll try to anwser questions for you.

Ken

"JAFO" under your name,... thats akin to
"Gregory Boyington" being just another pilot.

Tiger is an awesome instructor! We have used him at Rifles Only in the past for handgun and carbine. He knows his stuff when it comes to the handgun and carbine. I honestly don't know if his range is set up for long gun but it might be! You should take his class no matter what! You should check out his book as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TLong,
I friend of mine is a SOTIC instructor at Anniston. He does one or two person classes on a private range dealing with pistol, shotgun, carbine, and long rifle. He is pretty reasonable and has first hand experience actually doing all of the above as well as teaching it to other SF soldiers. Shoot me a PM with your info and I will get him in touch with you. Unless you are military or LE, I don't know how much he will be willing to work with you on the stalking gig, but you never know until you ask.</div></div>

Absolutely go with this guy!!! Not only does he know what he is doing, he is great guy and easy to talk with!!!

Thanks

Re: Any sniper/precision rifle courses in or aroun

I have attended a Tiger class, and while not necessarily bad, there are much better available. He is decent, but off, about 15 years on what he teaches. FWIW.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TLong,
I friend of mine is a SOTIC instructor at Anniston. He does one or two person classes on a private range dealing with pistol, shotgun, carbine, and long rifle. He is pretty reasonable and has first hand experience actually doing all of the above as well as teaching it to other SF soldiers. Shoot me a PM with your info and I will get him in touch with you. Unless you are military or LE, I don't know how much he will be willing to work with you on the stalking gig, but you never know until you ask. </div></div>

PM sent on the SOTIC Instructor.

Re: Any sniper/precision rifle courses in or aroun

Heading to Ft. Rucker for the next 18-20 months fro training and Im wondering If anyone is familiar with any good 800-1000m ranges in Dale County area?