• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Any Staccato C2 owners in central or eastern PA?

tlear

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2011
NE PA
I shot a CS recently and I’m planning on ordering one, but I’d really like to shoot a C2 first. I know it’s a strange request, but if anyone in central or eastern PA has a C2 that they’re willing to let me shoot please send me a pm. I’ll bring plenty of ammo and you can keep what’s left!

Thanks

Last edited:
I really like my C2. Small enough to conceal in hot weather big enough to control and shoot accurately with Plus P ammo. Like a Glock 19 in size but great trigger, reset and much more accurate out of the boxes. Yes also cost is far higher but I like the SA enough to warrant it.

I have never liked 1911/2011’s smaller than this for hard use because I tried many Officer sized weapons that just never ran as long and hard as the commander/c2 sizes have for me. The CS may be different but it needs longer track record before I try one

I really like my C2. Small enough to conceal in hot weather big enough to control and shoot accurately with Plus P ammo. Like a Glock 19 in size but great trigger, reset and much more accurate out of the boxes. Yes also cost is far higher but I like the SA enough to warrant it.

I have never liked 1911/2011’s smaller than this for hard use because I tried many Officer sized weapons that just never ran as long and hard as the commander/c2 sizes have for me. The CS may be different but it needs longer track record before I try one

I'm not a big guy so take my comments accordingly - the C2 is a big chunky pistol that is harder to conceal than a G19 or similar mid-size pistols. On-paper they might seem close; in reality, the C2 carries like a bigger gun.

I did the Extreme Shooters bobtail gripframe:

This helped with the toughest area to conceal, which is the lower rear corner of the gripframe. It still feels like something best-carried under a hoodie or flannel shirt (so like eight months out of the year in the Midwest).

The C2 shoots really, really well. I ran it in my local indoor bullseye league last winter and it performed like a full-size pistol, because it pretty much is one.

The CS shoots almost as well because it's almost as big. I do feel more comfortable with it under a T-shirt than the C2, but the butt remains an issue because 16 rounds of double-stacked 9mm can only be made so short.

In summary, both of these pistols are great for those that put performance over concealment. Given the ignorant nature of the public, I don't think this is a problem, but there's no way I would attempt to sneak these past the watchful eye of someone that knows what they're doing. Also keep in mind that the bulk and weight can get uncomfortable over a full day. For all-day-every-day CCW, there's much to be said for a P365, G48, or similar.

I'm not a big guy so take my comments accordingly - the C2 is a big chunky pistol that is harder to conceal than a G19 or similar mid-size pistols. On-paper they might seem close; in reality, the C2 carries like a bigger gun.

I did the Extreme Shooters bobtail gripframe:

This helped with the toughest area to conceal, which is the lower rear corner of the gripframe. It still feels like something best-carried under a hoodie or flannel shirt (so like eight months out of the year in the Midwest).

The C2 shoots really, really well. I ran it in my local indoor bullseye league last winter and it performed like a full-size pistol, because it pretty much is one.

The CS shoots almost as well because it's almost as big. I do feel more comfortable with it under a T-shirt than the C2, but the butt remains an issue because 16 rounds of double-stacked 9mm can only be made so short.

In summary, both of these pistols are great for those that put performance over concealment. Given the ignorant nature of the public, I don't think this is a problem, but there's no way I would attempt to sneak these past the watchful eye of someone that knows what they're doing. Also keep in mind that the bulk and weight can get uncomfortable over a full day. For all-day-every-day CCW, there's much to be said for a P365, G48, or similar.
Agreed on edc. I add that it depends on location. When I worked in SF Bay Area I carried on an off duty s full sized 1911

Now living in SW Florida I carry either mod 43 Glock, 19 Glock or C2 depending on what clothing I am wearing

Reactions: E. Bryant