• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any updates on the Savage 10 BAS

xrayguy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2007
Missouri, USA
I just purchased a savage 10 BAS, anyone found a good load for it?
I am shooting 175 SMk's w/ 41.5 grns 4064, at FGMM lenghts.
So far 1 inch at 200 yds. (fist 20 rds break in).
Anyone experienced on this beast?

Re: Any updates on the Savage 10 BAS

I would think that it will shoot better, once I get 200-500 down the tube. Also have not done the final load developement on this one. Just dissassembled, retorqed, greased trigger group/ bolt, and go.
I am aware of the 1/2 moa. Why settle for 1/2? I want consistant 1/2 groups at 200. (*then I know it's me that misses, not the equipment-- of course I am usually the cause anyway;-)

I don't know how much better you are looking for. Are you saying you want consistent 1/2" groups at 200?? If so I wish you the best of luck, especially with a factory rifle.

If my rifle consistently shoots under 2" at 200yds from prone off a bipod my load development's done.....

Well, I was standing, shooting over my truck bed tool box, off sand bags. I was actually very impressed during this break in. I am used to shooting 40x's (have 4 and decided I am selling them)
I own 2 savages and both shoot as good as the remingtons, for my efforts. I guess, the base load seems to work very well. (mentioned above) OAL 2.08 by the way. WLR primers. (federal 210 matches if you can find them)
Anyone else have one of these?

I don't have the BAS but I do have the same action/barrel combo as you do that I am putting into a McRees Stock System...

Model 10 FCP-K I think is the model number...accustock, might be nice but looks bad and feels cheap to me.

I have had the gun for 2 months and have not shot it YET!!!

My other savage is the 10 fp mcmillian. 50 rounds and .375 groups at 100 yds. no load development yet.
I guess I just want to get a nice shooting piece, then get it coated for "work".
the BAS is just for "newbe" show. very good pr value.
rocky

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I was standing, shooting over my truck bed tool box, off sand bags. </div></div>

And you shoot 1" groups at 200yds like that, really?

Good luck selling that line of BS.

Gilbert AZ?
I thought they could shoot out there?

Happy to school you any time your in Missouri.
Always looking to educate a fellow shooter.
I typically fire 400-500 rounds a week.
so, I'm usually available for lessons.
remember, it aint bragging if you can do it.
got any money?

Regards