• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Using the NEW Timney Calvin Elite Trigger?

The one a friend has feels great with no issues - closest to a Jewel i've felt. The one I got is going back for a check up due to sometimes dropping the firing pin when you close the bolt. Timney is taking care of me, and told me to send it back. I'm putting my 517 back in for now.

Mine is arriving today or tomorrow. My buddy has been running it in his defiance deviant with a few matches down so far with no problems. Seems to really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have almost 900 rounds fired with mine and love it! Ive noticed a very slight amount of slack in the trigger and when I mean slight, its a small amount! Other people that mess with my rifle do not notice it. Id recommend it to anyone.

The issue (at least my concern) here is not whether it will function for thousands of rounds... Im sure it will. Rather, will it function in conditions that others fail, our will it be one of the first to fail.

Its a precision rifle, I dont need it to fire underwater while inside a volcano, but it needs to be able to stand up to windy, dusty, and sub-optimal conditions.

I have one on my bench still in the package. After hearing recent match results Im discouraged to open it. I have multiple rifles with the wide/straight shoe timney, and I wont switch even the oldest out for this new trigger until I hear some signs of hope. May have to put one on a practice rig to test myself.

I should have listened to my gut when I head that this trigger tops out at 2.5lbs pull. Screaming bench/nonduty use.

the origional timney flat is hard to beat. my hands dn favorite. it just seems like finger indexes same every time

I installed one today, and was shocked that out of the box it was set to 10oz... it was insanely too light.

We immediately moved it to 2.5LBS but that added in a lot of creep, so we brought it down to 2LBS even to settle the Sear Engagement better.

Haven't shot it yet, as I have to thread the barrel, add an AAC Brake and then drop it in my CADEX Chassis, but we all played with it a bit and thought for a trigger to be set so low out of the box was a bad thing.

I installed one today, and was shocked that out of the box it was set to 10oz... it was insanely too light.

We immediately moved it to 2.5LBS but that added in a lot of creep, so we brought it down to 2LBS even to settle the Sear Engagement better.

Haven't shot it yet, as I have to thread the barrel, add an AAC Brake and then drop it in my CADEX Chassis, but we all played with it a bit and thought for a trigger to be set so low out of the box was a bad thing.

Exactly my thoughts. Red Flag.

I've put about 500 rounds through mine on a M2013 action. i have it adjusted to around 1.75#. So far no problems and it had been through 2 classes including one where we shot in a central TX downpour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just bought another 510. To me there's not even a thought process I could follow that would make me switch all my rifles over to something that might fail from something I know works. I want as much as possible to be exactly the same between the couple of bolt match guns I have. Trigger style and pull would be a huge deal.

I'm sure its a good trigger, it looks interesting, but not for me.

Any Using the NEW Timney Calvin Elite Trigger?

Got mine setup in my defiance deviant last night. Sent some rounds down range this morning during a practice session and the trigger felt great. Have it adjusted to 1.75lbs.

Now I can send my 510 back to Timney to see why the hell I can't get it any lower than 2.5lbs. Something is definitely wrong with it as the adjustments are very inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Timney at all. Not now or before hand. I have seen way to many issues with reliability due to dust and dirt.

This in bolt guns and AR's.

Also why the change in the body color? They have always used the yellowish gold color and now they have moved to red? Wondering if they are trying to piggy back off another great trigger being made that uses a red body.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the Timney at all. Not now or before hand. I have seen way to many issues with reliability due to dust and dirt. This in bolt guns and AR's. Also why the change in the body color? They have always used the yellowish gold color and now they have moved to red? Wondering if they are trying to piggy back off another great trigger being made that uses a red body.

I think you may have confused which trigger is being discussed as the Timney Calvin Elite is gold, not red. Nor is there any red on it. Here's a link: TIMNEY Calvin Elite Remington 700 RH w/ safety/bolt release

I should have separated my comments. I am speaking about their bolt gun triggers unreliable when they get dust/dirt in them.

Tony,

The ones I see trouble with at matches, on a regular basis, are Jewels. People seem to live with the fact that they can go down because they feel great.

There may be problems with Timneys, but mine have served me well.

That reminds me, I need to call you about business.

There was one for sale already in "options& access." I have read here that their AR15 triggers leave something to be desired but their bolt gun triggers were GTG. Guess they gotta get the bugs out.

I have one on my R700 5R. It's a great trigger and I for one like the fact that it goes down in weight so much. I have mine set at about 12oz and its great! Ive had the standard Timney triggers in the past and they have all been reliable without any issues. One thing that I will say about the CE trigger is that it does feel like there is a VERY tiny amount of creep, but I relate that to the trigger being such a light pull weight that you can notice the minuet details if you are looking for them. While shooting the gun, I don't notice the creep at all, and it breaks like all the other Timney triggers I've had. I would recommend this trigger to anyone looking for a trigger with a lighter pull weight.

Not wanting to deal with Remington on their trigger recall, I installed the new Calvin. I only have 30 rounds on it, it is a nice upgrade over the factory trigger assembly. I figured before I do any adjustments I would get a couple of hundred rounds through it. There is a post about guys complaining about failures, but it sounds as though the weather conditions were rather nasty. Which any time you reduce tolerances any foreign matter introduced can cause issues.

got mine today have not installed yet did any of you have any problems installing, will comment on trigger after install and use

I should have separated my comments. I am speaking about their bolt gun triggers unreliable when they get dust/dirt in them.

What's your choice for a go to trigger? Just curious I'm in the market

Just installed one in my buddies surgeon rifle... after playing with all the screws and getting it setup right, there is no creep, no over travel, breaks at 1.2 lbs ... fucking sweet trigger. Just need some range time see how she holds up

it does take patience to set up...

becareful how far in you put the sear in, wont allow the safety to go on safe