• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes any way to get 20MOA without changing ring base?

ibanezboy21

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2012
beside the rings with the plastic inserts? i want to keep my stock rail on my rifle.

Re: any way to get 20MOA without changing ring base?

A few strips of this under the base or under the rear ring will do the trick.

350px-7-Up.jpg

Why do you want to keep the stock rail? Is it cost of a new rail? You can get a 20 MOA rail for under $50. I have a Weaver on my Remington that cost $25 and it works perfectly, just like ones that cost $100 +. if you need the extra 20 MOA why even think of a cheap bubble gum job on a rifle you plan to use for precision shooting?

Burris Signature Z rings are worth a look as well.........

Is this a trick question?

Change the scope to one with 40MOA greater elevation travel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ibanezboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beside the rings with the plastic inserts? i want to keep my stock rail on my rifle. </div></div>
I really like Burris Signature rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you want to keep the stock rail? Is it cost of a new rail? You can get a 20 MOA rail for under $50. I have a Weaver on my Remington that cost $25 and it works perfectly, just like ones that cost $100 +. if you need the extra 20 MOA why even think of a cheap bubble gum job on a rifle you plan to use for precision shooting? </div></div>

the rifle is a savage 10ba (the one with the massive rails)
i like the look of it so i want to keep it, i know the 110BA model comes with 20MOA standard, not sure if they will fit on my 10BA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this a trick question?

Change the scope to one with 40MOA greater elevation travel?</div></div>

already brought the scope lol