• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Any way to rebuild my shitty Surefire 9mm can?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I’ve got a Surefire Ryder 9TI that’s been a POS since day 1 and has been back to SF twice and they just send it back saying it’s fine. With the fixed piston on a AR9 of any sorts it’s fine, but on any pistol using either 1/2-28 or M13 pistons it just sheds jackets and blows it back through the barrel peppering me in the face with copper fragments and depositing them in the gun. I’ve tried it on several pistols with all different types of ammo and they all do it. It’s 100% positively an issue with the can.

I sold my MPX’s since I don’t really have a use case for an AR9 and I just don’t shoot suppressed pistols much.

I talked to ECCO a while ago and they didn’t have any solutions for it at the time but it may be worth reaching out again to see if anything has changed.

Anyone have by other ideas of who may be able to rebuild this thing into something usable? I’d love to have another rifle rated can that uses the HUB mount and has a .35cal bore. I supposed I could just use it on a 22 with the fixed barrel adaptor but I already have a TBAC 22 can that’s smaller and lighter than this turd.