• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody else have a Beretta Neos that's a jammomatic?

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
Like it says I've had this thing for years and about a year ago I ordered the longer barrel for it but haven't shot it until this weekend because of moving and lots of other stuff. It was failing to eject on about every third round and then stove piping. Went over to rimfire central and didn't find much other than the general consensus seems to be they are a POS. Anybody have any fix ideas?

Mine hated everything except plated ammo. Any type of plain/waxed lead and it was nothing but trouble. Sold that bastard about a month after I bought it.

Fix is to sell it to some other unsuspecting rube.
Short list, Ruger Mark II-IV, Browning Buck Mark.

I have only shot plated ammo thru mine. At least 1k rounds down the pipe, no FTF's or FTE's. Maybe I got lucky. But the trigger isn't the greatest.

Fix is to sell it to some other unsuspecting rube.
Short list, Ruger Mark II-IV, Browning Buck Mark.

Damn that's pretty harsh but my 22/45 was phenomenal from the start then went to shit accuracy wise.
Initial inspection I realized was my fault since it wasn't cleaned properly initially and developed a lead ring in the barrel.
Bone head on my part just wanting to run and gun, after a good cleaning it's running like a sewing machine.

Also European .22s love high velocity rounds. So their .22 guns are built to run on those. My Sig Mosquito and GSG-5 both run on CCI Mini Mags. Run anything in a standard velocity and there isn't enough oomph to cycle reliably. Grab my Buckmark or 10/22 and they will run on just about anything.

I was an early buyer of the SIG Mosquito and jamomatic was a good description. Sat in safe for years waiting to be sold then couple weeks ago I decided to try it again after coming across 4 extra magazines. Before going to range I took some 600 grit paper and polished the friction points. Just a light touch to put a little wear on coatings. Took 4 boxes of mixed 22 out and had 2 FTF out of 200. I would get that many per mag on a good day before running mini mag. YMMV but thought I would mention.

Do you think cutting a coil or two off the recoil spring would help?
Took a pic of where I polished my mosquito to make it work.
20200813_201928.jpg

Not worth the hassle man. If you have to polish hammers, reprofile extractors and ejectors, polish feed ramps and slides, tweak springs and feed lips, you’re not shooting the gun you are playing gunsmith. Sell that crap and run a pistol thats 100% out the box. Been down that road, its a waste of time.