• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody got any info on 6.5-06?

I love mine. Easy to form brass and great performance. I get 3040 fps from a 120 smk with .25moa accuracy. I haven't taken mine to extreme long range but 600 and in is a chip shot.

Been shooting 6.5-06 for years at 1000 and up to 1600 yards with 142 smk bullets. Make my brass from 25-06. A friend makes his from .270 brass.
Have over 2300 rounds thru the barrel, but is due for a new one as soon as I get time. Starting to get a few fliers.

I have a 6.5 06 AI, it is my hunting rifle. It will almost duplicate 6.5 mag. speeds. I make brass from 270 because we have 2, 25-06 so we don't mix brass. If you get excited about this I have PTG reamer and go gauge. This is a very accurate round and with the 40° shoulder it is easy on brass. I shoot 140 gr Bergers and they will feed though DBM. RLW>

I have a 6.5 06 AI, it is my hunting rifle. It will almost duplicate 6.5 mag. speeds. I make brass from 270 because we have 2, 25-06 so we don't mix brass. If you get excited about this I have PTG reamer and go gauge. This is a very accurate round and with the 40° shoulder it is easy on brass. I shoot 140 gr Bergers and they will feed though DBM. RLW>

How much to rent this said reamer and go gauge. So far this is the route I'm going sounds like a really good round with good performance from what I have read.

I don't know, what's it worth to you and you promise not to screw it up. I am in Ohio working and said reamer is in Oklahoma, I will be home 8/16 so I could pack it up and send it to you then. We can work something out.

I have had both the improved and regular if I had to it again I would go with 6.5-284 instead

I had the standard chamber and now own an AI. I use h4831sc, because it gives great velocity and SUPER low ES, right before max pressure. I shoot 140 Bergers @3100 fps into very tight groups. The longrange performance of the 06 AI is phenomenal, I am surprised how little fanfare it enjoys here. I have never tried 7828ssc or h1000, have both sitting on the shelf waiting, but h4831sc is so good I haven't played with anything else.

I have one too. Getting 3005 fps with H-4831SC and 140 Berger's. Mild recoil. Shoots well. I use the 25-06 brass. Good caliber. Bruce