• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody have any experiance with Privi Partisan?

Mouse

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
I picked up a bag of new/unfired .300 Win Mag brass today. I got it cheap (which is always a warning sign), is this stuff any good? It was a pretty small show and all the seller had on his table was odds and ends of brass, ammo etc and I don't think he was selling much and it was priced higher but I talked him down a bit. I figured that at $40.00 per hundred it was worth taking a chance on.
Any experiance with it?

Re: Anybody have any experiance with Privi Partisan?

I've shot PRVI Partizan (Serbian) in 5.56, 308 Match and 7.62x39. Never had an issue and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again as it's slightly cheaper than american ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured that at $40.00 per hundred </div></div>

Holy Shit you paid a lot but that might be normal during the buying panic that we're seeing. Either way, that brass should have been about $0.12/pc. Anyway, PPU brass is decent enough. I've shot a fair amount of it (reloaded) and it was on par with Fed brass so nothing to write home about but not horrible either. I have a stash of PPU brass that's once fired if you want it, that way you'd have a lot more of the same brass. PM me.

I'm on my 4th loading of 6.5x55 PPU brass, and it's worked fine. Not outstanding for consistency, but decent and primer pockets are still tight.

I picked some PPU 308 match once fired from another hider, and its doing a decent job. As stated they are not consistant in weight, but they are holding up rather well. Will definitely do the job for steel and hunting. I annealed mine from the get-go and now on my third loading.

I have used PPU brass in .308 and 7.5x55 Swiss. I found it to be of good quality, it's not Lapua but I think it's better than Remington and about on par with Federal. The PPU primer pockets have stayed nice and tight on the 7.5 Swiss after four firings, the .308 I used once for blasting ammo through a PTR-91.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured that at $40.00 per hundred </div></div>

Holy Shit you paid a lot but that might be normal during the buying panic that we're seeing. Either way, that brass should have been about $0.12/pc. Anyway, PPU brass is decent enough. I've shot a fair amount of it (reloaded) and it was on par with Fed brass so nothing to write home about but not horrible either. I have a stash of PPU brass that's once fired if you want it, that way you'd have a lot more of the same brass. PM me. </div></div>

I'd love to pay .12 each but I can't seem to locate anything decent for under a 1.00 each, all I seem to find around here are small assortments of mixed brass. So rather than spend 1.00 each I figured that spending .40 was worth a try.