• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anybody here sell Thermarest?

Re: Anybody here sell Thermarest?

i do have a thermarest ... it's nice but i think it's just way too bulky for extensive carrying. also the self-inflation doesn't work even remotely as well as advertised.

next mat i'd get is likely an exped mat. notably smaller pack size. also the internal pump is
a) easier to use and
b) because you don't have to fill up the mat with your lungs, you get less moisture into the mat

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_na.nsf/0/48E15F320AFDC7EDC125767E00705EC7?opendocument

Man for gear like that just go to backcountry.com. They arent a bunch of granola crunchers like rei but have as good of return policies and good prices

Go to Eastern Mountain Sports for Thermarest if there is one near you. They have an awesome variety of self, and manually inflating sleeping pads. Unless you are going to be sleeping somewhere that it is quite cold though, I would go with the dramatically smaller packed size of an air-channel type pad. The main benefit of the self-inflaters is that their foam density is quite thermally conductive.