• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up anybody in Kansas?

I think there is one more rifle steel shoot in Atwood this month and Phillipsburg has pistol steel shoots and 22rimfire rifle silhouette shoots once a month till the end of October, I think they are done now till next year though. Hays has pistol shoots once a month I believe too although I haven't been there to shoot. Spearpoint ranch has an elr shoot out to 2900 yards i believe. 2 of the guys I shoot with have shot there a few times and they said it's a hoot.

“King of KC” Match announced the other day. 300 out to proximately 1400 yards. Make a hit an move on. Great Plains Precision Rifle Club is putting it on. DEC 7th & 8th.

“King of KC” Match announced the other day. 300 out to proximately 1400 yards. Make a hit an move on. Great Plains Precision Rifle Club is putting it on. DEC 7th & 8th.

I read into this. It looks fun. I never did see what it cost to shoot in it. Do u know what the entry fee is?

Reactions: jimmymcnulty
Overland Park.

Farm is out in Greeley KS. Really struggling to find anywhere that has a full 1000+ yards these days.

I have 6 AR500 10x18" silhouette gongs just sitting out in the garage collecting dust.

Reactions: ajdemar215
Overland Park.

Farm is out in Greeley KS. Really struggling to find anywhere that has a full 1000+ yards these days.

I have 6 AR500 10x18" silhouette gongs just sitting out in the garage collecting dust.

Great Plains precision rifle range in Ottawa KS has out to 1360 yards right now. Berms every 100 yards to 900 and working on more this year. Nrl 22 matches every fourth Saturday of the month. Several PRS matches this year on the schedule including a few on the Kansas precision rifle club schedule. Only about 30-45 minutes from Overland Park.

Great Plains precision rifle range in Ottawa KS has out to 1360 yards right now. Berms every 100 yards to 900 and working on more this year. Nrl 22 matches every fourth Saturday of the month. Several PRS matches this year on the schedule including a few on the Kansas precision rifle club schedule. Only about 30-45 minutes from Overland Park.

was this where the king of Kc shoot was in December?

Mission, KS

I'm on the board at the IDPA club at the Bullet Hole (walking distance from home) so say Hi if you shoot that.
MCRC, which is a bit of a hassle to sign up for, but easy to renew, and not too hard to shoot at
GPP for longer range, so I do most rifle/carbine work there now, plus steel is more fun

That is excellent. Thanks for the response

was there a good turn out? I wanted to go but had already taken off work to take my boy deer hunting. Is this a
Yearly event?
I believe there was 60-70 shooters on the first day for sub .30 cal. Day two had around 20 with the big guns. There was so many people on day one we had to stop at 1300 because we were running out of daylight and still had 30 dudes in. Day two we got to 1600 but there was some switch winds and overcast. Couldn’t spot shit. It will be a yearly event.

Reactions: Peterpan
I believe there was 60-70 shooters on the first day for sub .30 cal. Day two had around 20 with the big guns. There was so many people on day one we had to stop at 1300 because we were running out of daylight and still had 30 dudes in. Day two we got to 1600 but there was some switch winds and overcast. Couldn’t spot shit. It will be a yearly event.

How did them determine the winner on the sub 30 cal day?

How did them determine the winner on the sub 30 cal day?
Points were based off which impact you made at each distance, first round impact scored higher than a 5th. Then at 1300 everyone got 5 shots for score since we were out of time... it was slow, but we learned a lot on how to better run the match for next year.

Hello I'm from the Emporia area. I mostly shoot rimfire from inside the shop . pistol and rifle out to 100 yds

I hesitate to say what I paid as I think it was a first year rate. Cannot even recall if lower or higher than usual.

Just ask em I say:
http://greatplainsprecision.com/range-features/ (contact form at bottom)
or:

Thank you for the link. I was not aware of this range but I will be contacting them. Mill Creek is nice and I tag along with a friend so I have not stepped up to member status. Part of me has a problem with the cost but they do have a nice range.

Reactions: shoobe01
I was just tossing it out there in case anyone knew offhand. I belong to Mill Creek already. Another option would be nice but I would likely struggle to make it there often enough to justify a further cost. A pay as you go would be nice.

I was just tossing it out there in case anyone knew offhand. I belong to Mill Creek already. Another option would be nice but I would likely struggle to make it there often enough to justify a further cost. A pay as you go would be nice.
I second the pay as you go. I reached out to GPP and am awaiting a response. They do offer a beginners course in precision shooting I think was $250.00 for the day.

For all you central Kansas guys have any of you been to spearpoint ranch the address is Lincoln Kansas it’s just west and north of Salina great place to shoot great people have distances out past 2000 yards

For all you central Kansas guys have any of you been to spearpoint ranch the address is Lincoln Kansas it’s just west and north of Salina great place to shoot great people have distances out past 2000 yards

I think spearpoint cancelled aprils match. Are they having a may match?

Have any of you ever been to ringneck ranch in Tipton Kansas I see they have quite a few matches I have never been to one

KPRC has a facebook page with the schedule for all of the KPRC matches for 2020. Matches are at Conway Lead Distributors, Drussel Precision Rifle Range, Ringneck Ranch, Great Plains Precision, and Spearpoint Ranch. Waiting to see if the gov is going to lift the gathering restrictions as to when matches can be held again.

KPRC has a facebook page with the schedule for all of the KPRC matches for 2020. Matches are at Conway Lead Distributors, Drussel Precision Rifle Range, Ringneck Ranch, Great Plains Precision, and Spearpoint Ranch. Waiting to see if the gov is going to lift the gathering restrictions as to when matches can be held again.

I think people are getting tired of our governor. This previous weekend I went to a pistol shoot and the weekend before that I was at a rifle shoot. People didn’t seem to much care about the 10 person max limit.

I was in the Alton ,bull city, gun shop yesterday and they had all the major powders. Varget H4350 h1000 4831sc etc. Several different eight pounders as well. they also had a few pistol primers. But no rifle primers. So if anybody in the area needs powder they have it.