• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing anybody know what this is?

nnn66

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2006
Texas
Several years ago, I bought a couple of lots of items at the estate sale of a guy who had been a gunsmith. I actually bought fishing equipment, but there was a tackle box thrown into the lot that seems to contain some sort of gunsmithing tools. At least I suspect them to be related to gunsmithing since some of the items are engraved with Enfield, Springfield and Mauser. I have no clue what this stuff is, but I'm curious to know if it might be useful to someone or should I throw it away? Any help would be appreciated!

2rpznkh.jpg

i1infc.jpg

2qlhoph.jpg

Last edited:
He was a student at CST. Heat sinks for turning bolt handles and machining bolt faces and lugs. Dead centers he made on a lathe. Grip screws and escutcheons. Fun to turn a 3" long 3-56 screw ;-) practice crowns bottom pic on the left and an '03 Springfield lug lapping fixture next to the #2 dead center.

Thanks, Turd in the Pool. I think I have had this box out in my garage for about 12 years now and have been reluctant to get rid of it because I thought it might be useful to someone. I actually knew the guy for about 15 years before he died and I knew he had some cool fishing equipment, so I went to the estate sale and bought a bunch of stuff. This just got thrown in with all the other tackle boxes and has since been a curiosity out in my garage. Interesting to know that it is remnants of his days in gunsmithing school. From what I remember about him, I would guess that he probably attended CST back in the 1960's.

Yes, there's not much there. Lathe bits are the gem but obsolete. I went in the late 70's. Humorous to see they were still in the 60's rut. ;-)