• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anybody shoot 1 of these? Bushnell Elite ERS ET6245FG 6-24x50mm FFP 30mm Tube

lepcur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
N. Ca.
I'm considering getting 1 as I don't really want the 34mm tube as it will mainly be used for hunting and these weigh less. Kinda going back and forth between the Bushy and the SWFA ss 3-15. How do you guys like these scopes? Thanks. Mike

Mike,

They're the best bang for your buck for the price range. So you want the ers for zero stop?

If you don't need zero stop, ten hdnr will be an even cheaper option!

Which reticle were you thinking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one. Mine has tracked well, is durable, and the price is nice. that being said, i would go for one of the 34mm 3.5-21 as my next optic.

the G2 reticle is wonderful.

I have had one for 2 years and it has worked as it should. I had mine on a 700p in .308 and put about 3k rounds before I upgraded my optic to a Steiner 5-25. It is now sitting on top of a 700sps in .223 and still works as it should. I recently picked up a swfa 3-15 for my 17s and it is a nice optic as well. I haven't put but a 150 rounds thru the swfa, however during my most recent outing, yesterday, it was tracking just fine.

I think either optic will be a good choice. If you want you could always go with the 6-24 since it has the bulletproof warranty, and if it doesn't live up to your expectations then just return it and get the 3-15 afterwards.

I don't think I really need the 0 stop for hunting, especially if I were to get a 10 mil per rev. scope. I think I like the G2 reticle a little better than the mil-quad on the s.s. scope. By the way it will be mounted on a 6.5 rem mag. Thanks for the replies guys. Mike

I have two of them. The only place I'm an advocate of them is on rimfires, as they parallax down to 25yds. That's really nice for short range shooting with 22lr. However, for centerfire's, the Vortex Viper PST's are far better. The bushnell has no zero stop, no illumination, and the clicks don't line up with the turret cap markings very well on most of them, yet they tend to want the same or more money than you can buy a Vortex PST for.

My et6245fj has illumination. The mil marking is right on. Other than 0 stop I really don't need. I like it.

Bushnell put "ERS" on the box of my ET6245FG, which may cause some confusion when we're talking about different Bushy scopes online. But most generally, when someone's talking about the ERS scope, they're referencing the 34mm 3.5-21x50s with 10 mil locking turrets/zero stop. AFAIK, they don't make a 30mm tube 6-24x50 w/locking turrets & zero stop.

Whatever - I bought one of the ET6245FGs after having shot my 34mm 3.5-21x50GZA for a couple of months - mostly wanted to see how the optical quality compares to the 34mm model. It's not bad - I rate it brighter than either Vortex PST 6-24x50 or Sightron SIII 6-24x50, and it tracks well. The turrets are free-wheeling once you've loosened the cap screw, so there's no problem getting the turret marks to align when you're zeroing. Clicks are distinct & audible. Only issue I've had with mine is that I've had a tough time getting ocular & parallax focused for a sharp image from 600yds on out. Don't have this issue with the 34mm 3.5-21x50, but at my age (62), it could be due to vision issues on any given day. IOW, some days I don't see worth crap. I'd want to test several examples of this model before condemning the optical quality, but generally speaking - even though this scope's image is brighter than my PSTs or SIIIs, it's easier for me to adjust the Vortex or Sightron for a sharper image at 24x.

Bushnell put "ERS" on the box of my ET6245FG, which may cause some confusion when we're talking about different Bushy scopes online. But most generally, when someone's talking about the ERS scope, they're referencing the 34mm 3.5-21x50s with 10 mil locking turrets/zero stop. AFAIK, they don't make a 30mm tube 6-24x50 w/locking turrets & zero stop.

This is exactly right flatland and that's why I stated 30mm on it. Thanks guys. Mike

I like the ET6245F and FG quite a bit.
The glass is good (the same glass as the DMR and 34mm XRS to my eyes) and the controls are good.
It's a shame they don't offer the G2DMR reticle illuminated.
The lack of a ZS is not a deal breaker for me... with a 20 MOA cant, my 100 yard zero is in the first turn.

The turret knobs are most definitely splined so if the graduations don't line up perfectly (a common issue) there's nothing you can do to resolve it. Not a deal breaker for me so far, either.

I have a 6-24 BTR mil hash mounted on my rig and I love it. Tracks perfect turrets line up perfect glass is great for price point has illumination which unless you are hog hunting really no need but nice. Minus zero stop in my honest opinion is better then the viper pst the 4-16 which I owned one I didn't like the ret due to the lines being to thin. The 6-24 pst as everyone knows tunnels bad at higher end of magnification. Never owned a swfa 3-15 but do have a fixed 12x on my Spr and it has great glass tracks great and ret marking are thick enough for me. Either one will serve you well. Thumbs down on pst imho.

Thanks a lot guys for the opinions, this is what I'm looking for. Mike