• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report anybody shoot cooper creek 6.5 amax stuff??

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
Looking on stocking up on some 6.5 loaded ammo---my initiation to reloading will have to wait another year….again.

Anyone shoot the 140 or 120 amax loadings from cooper creek or any of their ammo for that matter?

I'd be interested in any kind of range report

I've shot approximately 300 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor copper creek 120 gr amax at the range, hunting, and at the Kettle falls match. All of the stuff I've shoot has performed very well.

Shooting it over a chrono showed a little slower than copper creek publishes, and the ES for 20 rounds was under 20 fps difference, and that was in increaingly hot weather last summer in eastern montana. I shot the smallest five shot group of my life with the stuff from my Rbros creedmoor. My performance at the onext match I've shot wasn't very impressive but the ammo and rifle weren't to blame then.

I have no critter impact data from the hunting situations, but I have no doubt that the 120 amax would be sufficient for a deer sized animal or smaller. From what I've seen shooting steel out to 1k I have plenty of confidence in C4's ammo.