• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anybody shot Litz's new product line ( ABM ammo)??

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
I just noticed that Litz had .338, .300 win mag and .308 ammo available in his new company. Anybody shot this stuff yet?? I'm really interested to see how the 230 OTM performs I'm the win mag

Keep in mind a single digit spread has a lot to do with the rifle and how that ammo matches up with it. Doesn't guarantee you will see the same result in your own rifle.

+5 on their ammo... After personally scoring for Bryan Litz while he shot a 199-8x in FTR practice a few weeks ago, I'm sold.

The water line(vertical spread) on his shots was well under 1/2minute and the dropped shot was less than 1/16 from breaking the 10-ring just to the left. They've got serious skills when developing loads and putting them down range.

I think that $ for $ it would be hard to beat ammo developed by there team. Would encourage anyone that buys match ammo to give it a shot.

ABM

Applied Ballistics Munitions

Hunting and target and match ammo I think.

Anyone know the velocity specs on the .300 win mag. 230gr. otm round and barrel length it was achieved from?

I am very interested in the 300 Win Mag 230 Berger. According to Litz's research, it out-performs a moderate .338 load.

I ordered 10 boxes and look forward to trying it out.

Anybody shot Litz's new product line ( ABM ammo)??

Anyone know the velocity specs on the .300 win mag. 230gr. otm round and barrel length it was achieved from?

Velocity for the 300 wm 230 gr target is ~2850 fps out of a 26"

Not sure of the twist. I know 1 in 10 is recommended.

Last edited:
How the hell did I miss the fact that Bryan was manufacturing ammunition now?

Just when I thought I was "good for a while" on match ammo, I guess I'll be buying some more. I really really really think that the next caliber offered needs to be 6.5CM, if anyone from AB is listening ;)

Like keyrock, I've ordered some of the 230gr for 300WinMag. Will see how they work from one of these tight-bore 1-10 Oby's.

It appears as though the .308 is out of stock. What I was surprised about, coming from AB, is that the page doesn't list any of the MV/BC specs.

Being realistic about it, if I were an FT/R competitor, I'd probably get the money out of this ammo, but for no more than I do, it's probably overkill at the price. Although single-digit ES is never "wasted" in LR ammo. Who knows, when it's back in stock maybe I'll mess with some of it.

This ammunition is not "new". Applied Ballistics sold this ammunition for quite a while before Berger took over the munitions department. It took Berger some time to get production up and running, something well over a year. If you search Applied Ballistics here you will find plenty of posts regarding the quality and accuracy of this ammo. If you don't hand load, but are looking for the next closest thing, it was head and shoulders better than any other commercial ammunition I've tried.

I shot the 175 Tactical .308 load for a couple years in F-TR competitions out to 1000 yd, and did very well with it at the local level. Velocity from a 30" barrel was right at 2750 fps. I believe that load was actually developed using a 20" LaRue OBR, but it shot lights out in my GAP bolt guns. When it was produced by Applied Ballistics, I believe they were stating ES values should be 15 fps or less, but in my hands it was routinely in the range of 20-25 fps ES. Nonetheless, that's less than half the ES I normally see with FGMM 175 factory ammo. No way to know how it will do with different sets of hands loading it, but my understanding was that all load parameters were to be kept the same. In any event, I strongly doubt anyone will routinely see single digit extreme spreads, but it doesn't really matter. If one of these loads shoots well out of your rifle, you won't find better commercial ammo anywhere.

Last edited:
Where can you get some of the 300 win mag ammo and how much?

Also what about the bal. stats for the 338 lm ammo and price also thanks