• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody use "Worlds Finest Trimmer"?

Re: Anybody use "Worlds Finest Trimmer"?

Yup - I use it in 223 and 308. you have to either neck size or I get better cuts when I full length size. I trim, chamfer, prime, load, fire, tumble, neck size, load, fire, tumble, full length size, trim, ect. I only trim every other firing, and they don't seem to grow too much. Cost is around $70 each, but I set mine up on a drill press. Have canned air ready. A buddy does his with his drill in a press at a 90 degree angle with good results.
BFEAB913-8581-4DEA-98FD-2AD9579445E3-6313-00000509E92CE68B.jpg

Hell yes and it is awesome! <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">If you full length re-size 24/7</span></span> (for semi-autos for example), then the WFT can save you loads of time!! i have one for .223 and another for .308.

BIG +1

You still have to chamfer and debur so the time savings vs something like the Giraud or other 3 way cutter is not there.

I couldn't get the WFT to cut consistently enough for me so I went back to an RCBS Trim Pro.

The trimmers are nice and cut quickly with little burr. I have my rcbs case station running and after I trim I just hit the case mouth with the deburr heads. I use the same set up with a cheap harbor freight mini drill press. FL resize then trim, deburr and go about your way. I have them in 223 and 300blk. 300blk is a pain due to the case being so short and not being able to get a good handle on them. I feel it goods good for my needs.

Is it hard to hold onto the case while trimming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BirdEyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still have to chamfer and debur so the time savings vs something like the Giraud or other 3 way cutter is not there. </div></div>
052537AD-383E-4764-BCCB-B370D60B3C05-6313-00000509F09E4B34.jpg

I just attach a chamfer to the drill press.

As to the question about how comfortable it is, see the glove to the right in the top picture. Non slip, which makes life much better. I can do 500 rounds in about an hour, then chamfering takes another 15 minutes to do the same 500. I don't worry about outside deburring as I use a taper die.

Never used one, looks like a good idea. I have used Lee trimmers, Lyman and RCBS hand and electric. For speed and precision nothing beats a Dillon rapid trim. I can do a shit ton of brass in no time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1899</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never used one, looks like a good idea. I have used Lee trimmers, Lyman and RCBS hand and electric. For speed and precision nothing beats a Dillon rapid trim. I can do a shit ton of brass in no time. </div></div>

Got a pic of that set up??

Not my picture but looks just like this. Size in station one, trim in three. Insert brass, pull handle, index, repeat......

p1000501vt7.jpg

Not for .223 size case and bigger but for 300blk I just use a glove with rubber texture for grip. Everybody is showing Dillon set ups and Girauds, but if you have time and limited funds the WFT is pretty good. I have my teenage son do my trimming for me, and he gets gas money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TinKnocker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not for .223 size case and bigger but for 300blk I just use a glove with rubber texture for grip. Everybody is showing Dillon set ups and Girauds, but if you have time and limited funds the WFT is pretty good. . </div></div>

TK, that's where I'm at.

I use the WFT for both .223 and .308 out of my AR's. Just chuck it into your drill and it is like sharpening a pencil. You don't need a press. Sit in a chair, put small trash can between legs, lay your drill on your right knee / hold drill in right hand, and insert brass with your left hand. Let brass trimmings fall into trash can and make sure you use eye protection. Once you set the depth of the cutter on the WFT, you just stick the brass into the end for about 1 to 2 seconds, done, move onto the next. Very easy to hold onto. You can honestly get a whole batch of brass done in minutes. Brass is usually no more than .002 +/- between cuts. Most times than not it is nuts on if the same brass is out of the same rifle & full length resized. Only downfall with the WFT is they are cartidge specific. Need one for .223, another for .308, and so on. About $70 bucks a pop. Worth every $$$.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it hard to hold onto the case while trimming? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't get the WFT to cut consistently enough for me so I went back to an RCBS Trim Pro.</div></div>

Sizing problem, not a trimming problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't get the WFT to cut consistently enough for me so I went back to an RCBS Trim Pro.</div></div>

Sizing problem, not a trimming problem. </div></div>

Interesting. I would assume that if the case shoulder was somehow uneven after sizing it would show up in the case guage. No?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only downfall with the WFT is they are cartidge specific. Need one for .223, another for .308, and so on. </div></div>

Each W.F.T. is made to trim a specific cartridge or cartridge family such as a 308 trimmer will also trim 7mm-08, 260 Rem., 243 Win. But you would have to get different one for say .223 or whatever.

I love mine for .308. Does a great fast job and is consistent cartridge to cartridge +- .001 or .002.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Each W.F.T. is made to trim a specific cartridge or cartridge family such as a 308 trimmer will also trim 7mm-08, 260 Rem., 243 Win. But you would have to get different one for say .223 or whatever.

I love mine for .308. Does a great fast job and is consistent cartridge to cartridge +- .001 or .002. </div></div>

Wonder if the 308 WFT will also do 6.5Creed.... ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I love mine for .308. Does a great fast job and is consistent cartridge to cartridge +- .001 or .002. </div></div>

Wonder if the 308 WFT will also do 6.5Creed.... ?? </div></div>

260 Rem, 243 Win & 7mm-08 Rem

Just started using one and it's made me pretty happy so far. Very fast, very consistent. I just trimmed 300 cases this afternoon in under an hour using a basic corded drill. A throw away latex glove makes handling the brass easy.