• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anybody w/ Surefire 762 or 338 answer a question

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
I just got my 338 norma back from my smith. I had the 338 brake installed, and he mated it up with the barrel. He didn't leave to .20" gap. Will a suppressor attach without this .20" gap? How much of a lip on the back end is needed for the suppressor to attach? I probably wont get a suppressor for it as I thought I would, but if I sell the gun in the future I want to make sure it will work with the suppressor.
Thanks.

Here's a picture
1907630_10152373323544519_2502234240239706408_n.jpg

You re going to need the gap. The collar has to have room beyond the mount when sliding on along with when it rotates down and back on to the mount's lip to lock the suppressor on.

The suppressor won't lock on that as-is without the "gap" as you refer to it....unless your barrel happens to be under 0.890 inches behind the brake. But your contour appears to be beefier than that. It has to be turned down .89" or under a full 2.75 " from the muzzle, and yours is probably closer to 2.55" only. No bueno for the locking collar.