• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Anyone adding trapping supply's to their stores?

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
Went looking for junk to make up 2 dozen small pot snares, an found you can buy them these days almost as cheap as you can build them. Was not like that when I was doing it in the 50's-60's, so I just ordered some made. Interesting to see whats out there now vs long ago. Anyone keep a few in their go bag?

I just keep 'snare wire' in my go-bag. Pretty-much anything can be made/built with it, if the need arises.

My grandfather used to have a wall full of the old traps, long before the 'ban' appeared. He used to run a trapline in Northern B.C. and would be out for 3 weeks at a time.

I've always keep different colors of trip wire in bag, but it sucks for a snare, as does snare wire for many things. The snare wire of today is so much better than long ago, as are many new trapping supply's. My old line went west 15 miles west an east 5 miles. Ran it with a Rupp mini bike pulling a home made trailer, really, really enjoyed those days, no matter how bad the weather or catch. Just being out, alone, an one with mother nature was the best days of my life. Had two trot lines out on the west line that was mostly used for bait. When freeze up came/started,... had a pulley system I used to get the line under the ice. The kin folk always instilled in us kids to think out of the box an when they seen it for the first time they said,... I had done well. Which to me meant everything, at 12 years old.