• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone been to a Stop the Bleed course?

Actually that is the new standard for the army. The old secondary position due to 83% of the old primary site not working. We also now use a 10ga needle instead of 14 and it's still 3.25" in length.

Ow! That hurts just thinking about it... :oops::LOL::oops:

Actually that is the new standard for the army. The old secondary position due to 83% of the old primary site not working. We also now use a 10ga needle instead of 14 and it's still 3.25" in length.
Thats excellent.....And now it will take 10-15 years to trickle down to the civilian EMS world like tourniquets did ?

If anyone who lives in the CO area and we can agree on a meeting place, I would be willing to give a TCCC class free of charge. I like people to know this stuff. I am a combat medic in the army for the past 12 years. I have multiple deployments and can bring mannequins and other training aids to this class. We would just need a place to meet and be able to do the hands on portion. I will bring everything else.

Only thing is, I am currently in Germany until 5 JAN 2020, so it would have to be after that.

Let me know.

For my wifes kit, knowing her lack of training, I gave her the following

1. TQ
1. 4x6 pressure dress.
1. Big abdominal dress.
1. Roll of gauze
1. Compressed gauze
1. Z Fold Quick clot
1. Foil emergency blanket
1. Sharpie

Pretty much I intend to gear it toward the incident she came upon and if she can understand how to deal with an extremity amputation she can likely do no harm with other injuries.

TQ the limb, Sharpie the time, Pack with Quick clot/gauze, apply pressure dressing, further protect with large abdominal gauze, treat for shock by maintaining heat, elevate wound, monitor for bleed through, pressure on artery to bone, you have done all that can be expected.

Edit/Add to this......

Most important thing in my wife's kit I forgot to mention....

A Chinook PPE module - nicely contained packet with gloves, mask, alcohol wipes and gear to prevent/clean contamination on the responder.

Ensure your health and safety first.

Reactions: Anb618