• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone Care....

A hand cranked barrel threader?

I remember seeing one of these a very long time ago, but I can't remember what it was right now.

I understand that I've PISSED OFF most of you guys that visit the smithing page but I am amazed that not one of you sombitches can put it aside for a minute and comment on my creativity. Maybe if you're not a machinist you don't understand what you are looking at but this was no small feat for someone that is as mathematically challenged as myself. Thanks a lot guys!

I understand that I've PISSED OFF most of you guys that visit the smithing page but I am amazed that not one of you sombitches can put it aside for a minute and comment on my creativity. Maybe if you're not a machinist you don't understand what you are looking at but this was no small feat for someone that is as mathematically challenged as myself. Thanks a lot guys!

This somebitch is still in awe....want to see more of your contraption! Compliments and comments to follow...(after my eyes get done swellin')

Good job. Ingenious.

My first thought would have been to use the leadscrew, and gear it down through a dividing head. You appear to have used a rack, instead. Same/same.

Part of the ingenuity is the Rube Goldberg-esque tribute!!! I'm impressed.

I don't think this crowd is the type to hold a grudge. ;) With such a close up picture, it is difficult to get a reference. Now that the cat is out of the bag on what it is, perhaps you could post a couple of more pics or ever a video of it in operation.

Ya, Lowlight is on target , dead on, as usual l am sure...nice , very nice but...well, yellow just does not work for me...beautifull machining though!

Thanks guys, I agree the color sucks, in a weak moment I let a fellow shooter talk me into it. Damned auto paint cost me over $100 so I'm not to eager to redo it.

Sean, leadscrew/gearbox sounds like a good idea. I wasn't sure if I could make it work so I wanted to keep the cost down. As it worked out, I can leave it on the mill and it rarely gets in the way. I just pull the rack and go.

Great accent Sniperdude! Keep workin' on it!

RAD, I'll try to get more pics. Can't do vid. For some reason, it is hard to get a good pic. Guess it's too busy and freaks out my camera.

Gotta give me a clue Relentless1.

Thanks again guys, OK, Lets get back to some good old fashioned RJB bashing. Grin.

Note; I built this rifle for 1 purpose. Shooting 400 yd clay pigeons at Tac-Pro and other such matches so it's the only time it's seen. I won't make the color mistake again!

Last edited: