• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone else a big Emerson knife fan?

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
Got two in the collection (CQC-8, CQC-7A) but shopping for my next. Thinking either standard CQC-7 PE or CQC-10 PE.

Re: Anyone else an big Emerson Knifes?

I have a Commander and a SpecWar (?). Don't really care for the chisel edge, though. Carry a Benchmade on a daily basis.

Let me know if you want to get rid of any of them..

I've been carrying CQC-7 for years and I'm on my second one. Lost the first in my couch so I replaced it. Found it a few years later when I moved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know if you want to get rid of any of them.. </div></div>

They're great knives, just not my favorites. They will probably sit in my safe until my kids split everything.

I've got the mini commander with the wave opening. I swap between that and a Cold Steel knife I won at a 3-gun

I have a commander and a super commander. the super sits in the safe and i carry the commander everyday. I really like them, pretty well made knife. Way nicer than what the "average" guy carries IMO.

CJG

I have a Mini Commander, and CQC 7. But I really really want an A-100 next. I also like the CQC 15, 11, and 10, in that order.
Had a Blackbird and PSARK.
Only thing I dont like about the wave feature is if you pull the knife partially out, then the blade is most likely partially open. So when you run your hand further into your pocket for a better grasp then you are going to get bit. I thought I was the only jackass that did this to himself until my buddy told me about doing the same, only the CQC-7 blade went between his finger and finger nail. Ouch.

While we are on emerson's, does anyone remember the kydex sheath you could get at one time that would carry an opened commander?

CQC-7 here. Carried that thing to hell and back. On my second blade. Great knife.

Another CQC7 EDC here. Rolled through Cold steel, Benchmade, Spyderco, then landed on the Emerson which I have carried longer than all the others combined.

I use the CQC7, Mini CQC7, Mini Commander all with the "Wave" feature. Also have a Commamder Auto(conversion by Kershaw). All awesome knives excellent working knives.
The "Wave" makes is quikest knife to deploy short os a fixed blade.
Emerson customer service is top notch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyGun1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Emerson customer service is top notch. </div></div>

+100

As I mentioned, Im on my 2nd blade. When I called to order the new blade, the guy asked how I managed to break a blade. When I told him, I was told, "We support you guys 110%. Its on the house." and I got the package a few days later.

After that, they have a customer for life here.

I have the Benchmande version of the CQC7 that I've carried for years.

Here is a pic of my commander

Mondy2.jpg

Bad, I have the same Benchmade with a silver blade and a plain edge. Mine doesn't have a lot of finish left, though.

I have a CQC-7BW and the blade is terribly worn from continuous abuse. Anyone replaced a blade that they paid for??? What do they run????

JW,
Give em a call.

I have a custom cqc7 that is my edc, most people just collect these anymore but to me Ernie made them to be used. I would like a karambit folder though for an edc I think.

CQC8 is tough to beat +100 on their customer service.JW no mater how bad of shape your blade is in they will regrind it or replace it.

Just picked up a nice used but not abused CQC7B for a great price. It's marked up but it's going to be a user so I just consider it broke in already. Now just waiting for the right price on a CQC10PE

Looking to trade into either a CQC8Mini Horseman, or a Mini Cmdr. Got a Osborne 940 that I carried until I went to a small fixed blade for daily, and now am looking to shed the Osborne for a waved PE Emerson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vic303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to trade into either a CQC8Mini Horseman, or a Mini Cmdr. Got a Osborne 940 that I carried until I went to a small fixed blade for daily, and now am looking to shed the Osborne for a waved PE Emerson. </div></div>

I need to stay off the forums...just picked up a great deal on a used waved Commander w/ Ferrrik Ti knarled backspacer.. I need help!!