• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Else Eat Breakfast For Dinner?

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    The wife and I eat a breakfast meal for dinner about once a month. It can be as simple as some scrambled eggs, some bacon or sausage and toast. Or it can be a large meal with every type of breakfast food known to man.

Does anyone else do this, what do you eat and how often if you do this?

I’d say at least once a month I do something like this for supper:
    147DAA27-FB70-4F86-A638-2ABEDF8E73E1.jpeg

The wife and I eat a breakfast meal for dinner about once a month. It can be as simple as some scrambled eggs, some bacon or sausage and toast. Or it can be a large meal with every type of breakfast food known to man.

Yeah

We like it so much we did Breakfast for Dinner for our reception meal.

We were like Effe it, its cheaper and you know what WE LIKE IT.

The booze was all on us, I never heard a complaint

We also did Pie instead of cake, Why WE LIKE PIE ( yes she does too she's bi- ;))

But yeah I do eggs for dinner at least once a week

Yep, about once a week. Our kids love it and my 13yr old helps us cook. He makes some mean scrambled eggs.

We bounce back and forth between pancakes or biscuits / gravy. Always have eggs, bacon and sausage.

I have egg whites and veggie sausage to help offset the pancakes, haha.

Last edited:
    One of our favorite dinner plans (for two):

Day 1 .. Crockpot, pork roast or pork steaks, pinto beans, Enough for two nights +
    Day 2 .. Have leftovers, as good or better than before. Leave about 2 cups of meat and beans for tomorrow..
    Day 3 .. Mix leftovers with a pkg of Johnsons frozen chili, can of Rotel, V8 juice to desired consistency. Leave a healthy cupful for tomorrow.

And to address the thread:

Day 4 .. Left over chili into a frying pan, heat, lightly stir in a bunch of eggs, don't mix it up, just streak them through the chili. Push it around so it cooks evenly. Serve with quesadilla and sliced avocado.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

I forgot one of my most favorite things to eat. French toast using Texas Bread. Once it's been made, I sprinkle powdered sugar over it and then top with some of my Strawberry Jam.

It's almost like eating dessert for a meal.

Reactions: I-R-me
    At least once a week. Usually when the wife doesn’t feel like deciding what to cook. Eggs and sausage every time.

Reactions: I-R-me
    Fuck yeah, its biscuits and gravy tonight.
    PM your address and what time I need to be seated at the table.

I also have breakfast for dinner. Maybe twice a month, but it almost always includes about seventeen million servings of bacon. Sometimes I even make eggs.

Hell yes......just had some leftover strip with fried tators, eggs on the new Blackstone griddle

That’s one of our favorite dinners but it’s changed since we’ve been low carb. It used to be;

-Chop up one pound of bacon and brown in cast iron pan-do not drain fat from bacon
    -Add potatoes o’brien to pan once bacon is crispy. Cook to desired crisp level-we like ours pretty crispy
    -Scramble ~one dozen eggs(sometimes I would only add 9 whole eggs and the remaining 3 yolks) and add to pan. I would also add some more butter to the pan to help keep everything from sticking. Cook, but do not over cook! Nobody likes burnt eggs
    -Add cheese and green chili sauce
    -NOM NOM NOM

It’s still the same recipe just without the potatoes o’brien now that we’re low carb

Even though I'm retired now, I'm still on night shift hours from all the years of being a RN on that shift. Actually, 1900-0730. So, I get up at about 1400 and have my breakfast of champions (now don't laugh). Two big bowls of Honeynut Cheerios w/1% milk, big glass of OJ. Been that way for years.

l like scrambled eggs and omelettes but mostly i like runny yokes broken over the potatoes or fried rice (we eat fried rice for breakfast).

Every once in a while. We started making our own breakfast sausage out of pork butts when they go on sale. I have a stock of dehydrated shredded potatoes, so hash browns are super simple. Always scrambled eggs, sometime an omelet with veggies.

If you think you are crazy for eating breakfast for dinner, then you're in good company.

Except for bacon, there's never a reason to eat any of that breakfast shit. Especially cereal... Or, milk in general...

Reactions: Major Wader
    All the time. Breakfast food is my favorite and during the week, I don’t always have time for breakfast

I made a huge batch of pancakes Sunday morning. Guess what we had for leftovers Monday night!

I made a huge batch of pancakes Sunday morning. Guess what we had for leftovers Monday night!
    Do not say leftover pancakes.... that sounds gross... like night shift in the morning heating lamp at the waffle house.... gross

If you find leftover pancakes gross, you either 1) dont know how to reheat them to 2) make bad pancakes.
    3. Dont save leftover pancakes. I make pancakes like my grandma taught me lol, but i wouldnt try... what putting a wet towel on them and microwaving them? Bet they would be decent deepfried.... pancakes are too predictable to have large amounts of left overs lol, i do the math.

3. Dont save leftover pancakes. I make pancakes like my grandma taught me lol, but i wouldnt try... what putting a wet towel on them and microwaving them? Bet they would be decent deepfried.... pancakes are too predictable to have large amounts of left overs lol, i do the math.
    You're missing out, man lol

If you find leftover pancakes gross, you either 1) dont know how to reheat them to 2) make bad pancakes.
    If you were just gonna make him eat pancakes again.... why not make half and then do the other half and have fresh pancakes for dinner? Just saying, reheated pancakes.... meh.

If you were just gonna make him eat pancakes again.... why not make half and then do the other half and have fresh pancakes for dinner? Just saying, reheated pancakes.... meh.
    I didnt "make" him eat anything. He is a big boy and can eat what he wants lol

As kids we thought is was great until we got old enough to understand that mom made breakfast for dinner because we couldn’t afford “real dinner” that week

I still do it though.

Hmmmm, deep fried pancakes. Interesting concept. If you're making fried chicken and waffles, why not deep fried pancakes?

Dinner was delicious. I ended up eating 4 over easy eggs fried in bacon grease, 2 sausage links, a hand full of bacon cooked just crispy enough but not overcooked into dust, a ladle or two of freshly made hash browns with the best seasoning the wife handmakes, and of course 2 10" pancakes.

You just can't get any better than this unless we were to add biscuits and gravy. Glad we didn't, I'm still full and we ate 3.5 hours ago.

Ate it all the time when I was a kid, because my dad liked it.

Got way tired of it then, and won't eat it for dinner now. In fact, don't do it a lot at breakfast either, unless I am travelling or at hunt camp.