• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else excited for baseball season?

I’m going to disagree; defense is a huge part of the game. W/ out solid “D” you’re a DH or a defensive liability.

Why else would the HOF be packed w/ so many career DHs?

And NL rules are better than AL. Designated hitters and pitchers who don't bat aren't following the true nature of the game.

Reactions: D_TROS
I’m going to disagree; defense is a huge part of the game. W/ out solid “D” you’re a DH or a defensive liability.

Why else would the HOF be packed w/ so many career DHs?

So you think mebbe Ted Williams shouldn't be in the HOF???

Ted Williams was a solid ball player all the way around. It’s debatable whether or not he was the greatest hitter of all-time, but where did I say anything about him being a poor defensive player?

My personal opinion is that if he wasn’t the greatest hitter of all time, then he was certainly among the greatest. The career numbers speak (loudly) for themselves & let’s not forget that he gave 5 years to the Marine Corps. Most of them during his prime.

As to your comment above, where did that come from? I’ve never disparaged Ted Williams nor will will I ever. SMH?

PS. Williams was a LF, not a DH.

Last edited:
DODGERS rookies strike again and again and again. Over the course of this weekend, DODGERS rookies, consecutively, hit game winning walk off HR's to defeat the colorado rockettes. The record books are still being checked as it is believed this has never happened before in MLB history.

Did you even watch the games? The Rockies had a 2-0 lead into the 7th. And any of those three games could have gone either way. The Rockies also played without Arenado, Blackmon, Desmond, and Story during yesterday's game. They essentially had their AAA team starting.

And yes, that has never happened, but neither has a player walking off a win with a home run, and leading off with a home run the next day. Or hitting 4 times in 3 consecutive games. Both done by Blackmon.

Your precious Angel's aren't even winning above .500 and are in 4th place in their division.

But...NONE of the three games went either way, just one way, the DODGERS way!!!

Tyler Skaggs, pitcher for the LAA was found dead in his hotel room today. He was 27 years old. He last pitched on Saturday. Cause of death is still unknown. Today's game with the Rangers has been cancelled.

Condolences to his family.

RIP

UPDATE: An autopsy was done on Tyler Skaggs on July 2nd, Tuesday. Per the family request the complete autopsy will not be released until October 2nd. This will be a few days after the regular season has ended.

Baseball season is now officially over with! the bums lost, yet again! Blame falls squarely on Roberts shoulders, yet he was immediately told he will manage again come the spring. New contract and record in regular season. Friedman should be fired!
Any other team would have fired Roberts! I would like to know what Honeycutt thinks/thought/said/had to say about Roberts moves. Will prob keep his mouth shut if he values his job. Might end up the scapegoat anyways.
Roberts errors have been hashed and rehashed at other sports pages and/or media. ...and there were several of them.
Hate to say it, but...wait til next year!

Their race horse ia broken. Noone fears kershaw anymore. He should probably finish out his career in the bullpen. His ace status has been revoked as well as his chances of ever getting a ring.

I was hoping for a LA/Houston World Series , with the Dodgers winning it. WE have 3 good teams in it this year. ( I cant count the Evil Empire NYY ) Should be a good playoffs!

Baseball season is now officially over with! the bums lost, yet again! Blame falls squarely on Roberts shoulders, yet he was immediately told he will manage again come the spring. New contract and record in regular season. Friedman should be fired!
Any other team would have fired Roberts! I would like to know what Honeycutt thinks/thought/said/had to say about Roberts moves. Will prob keep his mouth shut if he values his job. Might end up the scapegoat anyways.
Roberts errors have been hashed and rehashed at other sports pages and/or media. ...and there were several of them.
Hate to say it, but...wait til next year!

Hate to pour salt in your wound sir, but finally baseball season will last at least another week for me. GO NATS!!!!!

Reactions: JMGlasgow
Their race horse ia broken. Noone fears kershaw anymore. He should probably finish out his career in the bullpen. His ace status has been revoked as well as his chances of ever getting a ring.

Kershaw has lost his speed, but he would not do well in the bullpen! Buehler or Ryu is now considered the ace. As for getting a ring, there is always being a pitching coach...?

My view for the next two nights. So glad baseball is not over for me yet.
LET’S GO NATS!!!!!
CD24CCAB-9416-476B-B86A-16F646BC47F5.jpeg

Counting down the minutes before heading down to Nats Park for the first home World Series game in franchise history.

Can't wait

LET'S GO NATS!!!!!!!

Reactions: JMGlasgow
Counting down the minutes before heading down to Nats Park for the first home World Series game in franchise history.

Can't wait

LET'S GO NATS!!!!!!!

Well I'm sure hoping the Astros make it a lil more challenging than they have these last two games!

Baseball season ended for me when the DODGERS were shot down by the gNats. However, I would like to see them win the WS rather then Houston, so at least we were beat by the best.
It doesn't look like L.A. will win a championship this year but still have a shot at it with the LAFC soccer team who got by the Galaxy last night. Just two more games for a championship.
As for the ANGELS and DODGERS (one in each league) wait until next year!!!

I’m here.

let’s go NATS!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 29F90D44-8047-4FED-AE60-785635E5BC5C.jpeg
    29F90D44-8047-4FED-AE60-785635E5BC5C.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 49
Wellllllll, the last two nights have humbled me a little, but I still have faith in my Nats. I get to see Scherzer vs. Cole tomorrow night live, and I can’t wait. So glad this is a best of seven series, I don’t think my liver can stand much more.

let’s go NATS!!!!

Only the NCAA probe all no thanks

Basketbore, basebore, and feetsbore . . . meh. Bring me the paint - slow drying, please!

Once in a while, a good hockey game, though . . .

The one thing many sports have in common is the suspense. What I like about baseball is NO CLOCK! A team can be down by a dozen runs and still come back and win the game. I looked up how many runs it takes to come back once and it was a dozen, by the Cardinals I think.
So sure the games are slow, but then baseball is only appreciated by the young who love the excitement of being able to win a game by a swing of the bat and by the old who have learned to appreciate how intricate the strategy can be. FUCK the damn commish for trying to speed up the game and changing rules!!!

Almost forgot to mention...my fave sport is actually Women's Beach Volleyball! ;)

Personally, I find baseball about as exciting as vegetable gardening. And the garden puts food on the table.

I don't watch and won't watch that shit again until they put Pete Rose where he belongs in the HOF, above and beyond the f**king HR kings and other big losers

I'm 20 minutes from Cooperstown, that being said 2 weeks prior to memorial day thru the 2nd week in September our area is inundated with Baseball team from around the country playing little league games. So yes I'm looking forward to the kids games, the annual induction ceremony in Cooperstown.

Are you still saying that in 2020 after they were found to be cheating? Just curious how you feel about that and them.
I was rooting for the team I wanted to win at the time and had no knowledge of any shenanigans. Lol. I support whatever consequences they have to deal with along with the consequences of other players that have left the Astros. Pretty sickening in my opinion that guys at that level cheat.

Reactions: Kir