• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else tracking the nation-wide AT&T outage?

91Eunozs

The Man (Retired)
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    We’re on Verizon, so minimal impact, but our daughter away at school is on AT&T, so we can’t reach her except on the computer.

A lot of rumors about the real trigger for this event, but a nice test run for an EMP scenario regardless I suppose.

edit: yeah, just saw the other thread… @MarinePMI any chance you or another mod can merge the threads? No need to retain this thread’s title.

Last edited:
    Yeah, the first one I heard was Russia, which in my mind automatically = false flag op by our side

war mongers are gonna monger, and do whatever it takes to keep the revenue stream pumping.

Reactions: lash and BurtG
    I wouldn't think EMP since it doesn't appear to have affected other carriers.

Id be more likely to think cyber attack or hacking by foreign actors.

yes...

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 10.06.07 AM.png

It's pretty annoying as my wife is making me place all her needed calls. I have verizon. Her AT&T is down.

"We are being told AT&T has no reason to think this was a cyber or security incident," said Kirby, adding that the FCC was in touch with the company.

"But the bottom line is we don't have all the answers," he said about the cause of the outage.

AT&T declined to comment on the FCC's investigation into the incident.

i didnt even know there was a problem with AT&T. I have AT&T and im located in southwest kansas. Never even noticed anything wrong with my phone. Made calls the whole day and sent texts. Never a hiccup.

But let all the conspiracy theories begin.

Reactions: Big Phish and lash
    Must have been Russia. They seem to do bad stuff around here all the time

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    "We are being told AT&T has no reason to think this was a cyber or security incident," said Kirby, adding that the FCC was in touch with the company.

"But the bottom line is we don't have all the answers," he said about the cause of the outage.

AT&T declined to comment on the FCC's investigation into the incident.
    I wonder if we will ever know the truth

Reactions: lash