• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone even taking orders for uppers or barrels?

brianidaho

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2005
North Idaho (Sagle)
I had decided to put together a long range range/varmint upper with a 20" stainless barrel...but was holding off till after the holidays to get some bills paid off, etc. Well, that was obviously a bad idea!

I'm not in a big hurry to get parts in hand but would like to at least get them on order. Most places I've checked (Atomic, PSA, Rainer, RRA, BCM) aren't even taking orders. Does anyone know anyone that i? Ideally I'd like a Mega forged upper just because my lower is one of theirs, but don't really care that much about brand. A 2-3 month back order is fine.

Re: Anyone even taking orders for uppers or barrels?

Your best shot is to jump on Joe Bob's Outfitters web site, and set up e-mail notifications for the items you need. That way, as it comes in, you will be notified immediately.

You have to be pretty fast at that point..I have my notifications going to my IPhone. This stuff sells out quickly. Barrels usually stay in stock for a week, but lowers/uppers go in minutes.

BCM and Rainier both has had them in stock very recently but only for a very short period of time.
They go fast, usually there an hour or less as available.
I got barrel last week but it wasn't there very long at all.
If you are asking in a post where something hot is then it is already too late and gone.
It just takes more work now days you have to watch these sites like a hawk.
Good luck.

Just after the first of the year I ordered a White Oak barrel. They quoted 8-12 weeks, even with the insanity. Pretty normal timeframe for WOA.

Just after the first of the year I ordered a White Oak barrel. They quoted 8-12 weeks, even with the insanity. Pretty normal timeframe for WOA.

I ordered an upper from White Oak today, lead time was quoted as 20 weeks.