• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone ever find deals on optics from AAFES?

alfack

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2018
Idaho City, Idaho
I got around to creating an account, since they finally let us lowly veterans, who aren't disabled or 20 year retirees or the ex-wife of a son whose father retired from the coast guard, enjoy the privilege of shopping there. I took a look at their prices and thought that they were not bargain worthy at all. Was wondering if any of you former military have found deals on stuff there?

I found something similar with GovX vs Experticity. Usually the best deals are to inquire directly with the manufacturer and ask if they offer any Mil/LEO discount direct, most of them do. That being said, Experticity has had the cheapest prices for the gear I typically look for.

Nope. As soon as AAFES stopped being “non-profit” the prices are nothing close to being great anymore. Which was a LONG time ago.

I figured. Was hoping some manufacturers, like Trijicon, may off reduced prices through them or something. I guess you can save taxes, but that's about it. I'll have to check out the Experticity site. Thanks for the feedback.

The gun counter has the best gun prices in town when they do their 10-15% off sales, but otherwise I've found it's better to buy everything else online from other vendors.

Yeah, nothing stellar there. Ever since MWR farmed out their gun ordering to Davidson's, the prices have been mediocre, and limited to only what Davidson's carries. I tried to order a CZ rifle, and gave up in frustration after a while. The Marine PX's on each coast used to have some real good deals on guns, reloading equipment and such...I guess that has gone the way of the dodo...

When I first heard about the AAFES thing I did a quick check on Leupold scopes. The prices were the same street price that could be found anywhere else. I didn't look up anything else since it didn't seem to be a discount.

I buy stuff through Experticity but you still need to do price comparisons because it isn't always a good deal and there can be low priority shipping times or limited return options...

My local BX doesn't even offer the Glock blue label program, when I was young and dumb I bought a G19 from them then found out that I could have got it for $200 less from the LGS. They like to talk about "no tax" but then they tack on a service fee. AAFES is a legal mafia and in my opinion does more harm than good now days. I will say the commissary has good deals, if you don't mind the lines.

Experticity seems legit, especially on shades and optics. Too bad they won't let me hit the commissary up. I'd like to get some cheap food and drink.