• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone ever hear of or use a Konus scope?

Bad Karma08

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2011
New York
So I was at a local shop the other day picking up some powder for my test loads and I saw their scope display. They had a ton of different versions of a scope brand named Konus. From what I could see in the store (not mounted on anything) and the little reading I did on their website, it seems like a decent scope for the price (nowhere near the caliber of a premier or uso by any means).

Has anyone ever used one of these scopes? I'm considering picking one up to test it out. When I find the link to the model I was looking at I'll post the specs

Re: Anyone ever hear of or use a Konus scope?

I had the 6.5-25 and it was decent. I ended up keeping my Simmons WTC on my gun because the glass was similar but the Simmons cost much less. I do, however, still have their 1.5-6 from the M30 line and like that alot.

I have a m-30 1-4 power the crosshairs went off center (twisted)
now i have to send it for warranty after about 100 rds on a 6.8.
Not the best in my opinion.

i had a 6-24 that was decent,but not great. my spotting scope is a konus and has been acceptable so far. i am for sure budget conscious but not sure i would pay > $300 for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a m-30 1-4 power the crosshairs went off center (twisted)
now i have to send it for warranty after about 100 rds on a 6.8.
Not the best in my opinion. </div></div>

Mine didn't make it that long on my 6.8, 54 rounds and the reticle canted left about 30 degrees. Sent it back and sold it the day it was returned to me.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass on it. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all so I wont take the chance.

Haven't used their rifle scopes but I have 2 spotters from them and have no complaints. But spotting and Rifle scoopers are 2 different things.